Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on Roadking solo seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:02 PM
sinjin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on Roadking solo seat

thinking of putting a solo seat on my RKC and can't find any good pictures of how it fits on the rear fender. I have a slight blemish on my fender from the stock seat rubbing and want to see how much of it will be seen. How much area behind the bolts is covered by the seat or mount and just what does the required mount kit consist of??

Old 03-13-2009, 01:21 PM
rgardjr
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on what solo seat your planning on running. The Mustangs and HD Sundowners will cover up less. I've got a Mammoth Choppers solo that mounts with a different bracket that covers up a little more fender. Still see the rubbing from the original two up seat with the Mammoth seat. You can always use a fender bib or luggage rack to conceal a little more of the fender.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

With the exception of the lone screw in the middle of the fender, I love the way mine looks. I've put a couple of pictures of the seat area for you.

Attached Thumbnails question on Roadking solo seat-seat01.jpg   question on Roadking solo seat-seat02.jpg  
Old 03-13-2009, 03:35 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My seat looks like cbears...

I used some polishing compound and a buffer to clean up my rear fender. My bike is pearl white and those marks really showed.

If it doesn't clean up good enough for you, there are some good looking fender bibs out there.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
my06NT
Cruiser

You can see my Mustang solo in my sig. I also have a small bib that goes over the bolt holes and covers some of the rubbing from the stock seat. I also ahve a fender rack which hides the rest as others have said.

Mike.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Feel your pain. Had the same problem with my fender and though the Motherwell rack hid the blemishes, I knew they were still there. Last year I had a local shop do a new clearcoat and buff...scratches gone. Now when I ride with the touring seat on, I always place a microfleece towel between the seat and fender. I ride with a Mustang solo and as mentioned before, you may consider a bib from Mustang. The bib is probably the least expensive way to deal with it and they do look pretty cool.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:33 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Danny Grey Big Seat. It covers maybe an inch more than the Mustang but not really where the buddy seat touches. I fold a white washcloth under the pillion when I need to carry a woman. My fender bib is from Chillowee Leather but I never use it, the fender is clean.

http://www.chilhowee.net/fender-bibs.html

Old 03-14-2009, 08:02 PM
sinjin
Advanced

Thanks for the replies. Whiskers what brand solo rack do you have, it looks nice. Does anyone know if you can run a solo rack with a mustang bib underneath

Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

The solo rack is a Motherwell. I bought it direct from the company buy now I'm seeing a number of them for sale on Ebay.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 AM
sinjin
Advanced

One more question guys. How involved is it to switch from solo back to 2-up seat. I am pretty sure I am going to go the solo route but will need to slap the Sundowner touring on when momma wants to go along.

Quick Reply: question on Roadking solo seat