Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD Fog Lights

I had these installed on my FLHTC. They provide a dramatic difference to the left/right lateral light that I can not get from the regular passing lamps. I had them installed independent to the high beam, so I can run these lights w/ the passing lamps. I decided to add these lights after a close encounter w/ a deer. The lights consume 9 amps. The way i figure it, with the new 50 amp system on 06 and up, there is no problem with power or battery destruction. You guys may want to consider these lights. I really do not care if oncoming cars don't like the added lights. All I care about is being seen and seeing possible hazards on the side of the roads.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 PM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, the more light the better. Many states due have a law that allows a max of four head lights on.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM
georgemcghee
Tourer

just hooked mine up yesterday i also hooked them up to the high beam.

Attached Thumbnails HD Fog Lights-copy-of-45-021.jpg  
Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 PM
russl179
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GT_RoadGlide
I agree, the more light the better. Many states due have a law that allows a max of four head lights on.
Screw the law. Until cagers treat bikers with courtesy and SEE us, I will ride with the fog lights. I rather fight the ticket than go through rehab.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:51 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master

I haven't seen a LEO yet around here that has pulled a rider over for having a few too many forward lights on their bikes. they're pretty tolerant around here about what we do for our safety! Bu tI guess every locale is very different!

Do what makes you feel safe!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 03-14-2009, 01:51 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by georgemcghee
just hooked mine up yesterday i also hooked them up to the high beam.

how about photo shot from the saddle at dusk with them on and off so we can see the differance with the HD fog lights.. im curious.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:14 AM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

hey russ, i'm near your locale... any pics of the install? did you hide the wires in the bars, or run em exposed?

where did you get the power from then? did you use the included switch, or wire in a different switch?

I have an 03 RKC, and bought the lights, but haven't gotten around to installing them yet, after seeing how much was involved. I don't have a fairing, so I'm toying w/ different ideas on the switch part. Some say put the included switch next to where my auxiliary switches are now, or some say use the extra accessory switch instead, but I get a lot of different answers on how and where to pull power from, and most of them haven't been specific enough for me to get my head around yet. And since I have exposed bars, I want to run the wires inside, which will take a little time to do it right, so just haven't gotten myself to start tearing into it yet...