Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear paint protector for bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
jlsk624
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came across new product in Bagger magazine. Company called motorcyclearmour.com, tech article on install for top of bags. I think they are out of thier minds 99.95 for 2 pieces.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:06 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.stickercity.com has what they call pannier protection. precut for top, front and sides of hard bags. under $40 and easy to install using water and baby shampoo. virtually invisible and no adhesive used. they also have it in bulk but it's worth the extra bucks for precut.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by huffhuff
http://www.stickercity.com has what they call pannier protection. precut for top, front and sides of hard bags. under $40 and easy to install using water and baby shampoo. virtually invisible and no adhesive used. they also have it in bulk but it's worth the extra bucks for precut.
Know what? I think they just made the top of my list....I'm likin that set....and pricing is competative when you consider is protecting the whole bag, not just the lids

Old 03-13-2009, 03:04 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by carpenter115
I was typin last post as you were replying...
How long have you had it on? How is it holding up? Does it have the same shine the "naked" surfaces have?
(last question) you have any pics handy?
I've got the 3M clear protective film on my bags as well. I went to a local window tinting shop and they did it for $25 a bag. You can barely see the edges of it. I don't have any pics, but I don't think it would show up anyway.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Thor
Road Master

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I've got the 3M clear protective film on my bags as well. I went to a local window tinting shop and they did it for $25 a bag. You can barely see the edges of it. I don't have any pics, but I don't think it would show up anyway.
Yea, I realised that after I posted it...was hopin no one would notice

Old 03-13-2009, 03:58 PM
tzeeb
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife does the same thing swinging her leg over the seat. I wouldn't have any qualms about using the xpel product. They have come on a long way even just in the last 3-4 years. The 3M product has always been good, and didn't yellow like some of the cheaper stuff. I have Xpel on both my cars and the bike (covering the fairing, leg protectors, side panels, front and tops of saddlebags). The stuff works great and is slightly thinner but more flexible for the complex curves on the batwing fairing, for instance. I haven't tried peeling it off the bike, but had to pull it oiff the bumper of my car after someone scuffed it parallel parking. It came off with no problems after I warmed it a bit with a hairdryer and sprayed a diluted mixture of alcohol and water on it. Even where the scuff had peeled back the plastic, the paint underneath was fine. Great product. I'll be putting it on every bike/car I get.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Thor
Road Master

Originally Posted by tzeeb
My wife does the same thing swinging her leg over the seat. I wouldn't have any qualms about using the xpel product. They have come on a long way even just in the last 3-4 years. The 3M product has always been good, and didn't yellow like some of the cheaper stuff. I have Xpel on both my cars and the bike (covering the fairing, leg protectors, side panels, front and tops of saddlebags). The stuff works great and is slightly thinner but more flexible for the complex curves on the batwing fairing, for instance. I haven't tried peeling it off the bike, but had to pull it oiff the bumper of my car after someone scuffed it parallel parking. It came off with no problems after I warmed it a bit with a hairdryer and sprayed a diluted mixture of alcohol and water on it. Even where the scuff had peeled back the plastic, the paint underneath was fine. Great product. I'll be putting it on every bike/car I get.
Thank you for the first-hand experience!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:30 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not seen any of that protect the corners. It will protect most of the top but not the corners.