Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
bluedoghd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fox Creek Leather

Be carefull if you buy leather a jacket from these people. I ordered one size bigger as suggested and had to return. Ordered 44 and it took a 48, plus it cost me $40.00 TO EXCHANGE. I wear a 42 in other jackets. I will admit it is the heavest and best looking jacket I have ever owned, also the best quality. Just helpfull advise not a complaint.
Keep the leather up and your back to the sun.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

I am very happy with my fox creek leather gear. I haven't had to return anything to them yet. Where did the $40 come from? Shipping charges?

Dennis

Old 03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I never had to pay to return anything to them. I ordered a size that was too small(yes they seem to size small) and the cross-shipped me a new jacket and took the old one back no questions.

Very high quality - a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. plus a 'live' person actually answers the phone! What a novel idea!

Old 03-12-2009, 04:12 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm on my second Fox Creek leather and love them. USA Made (a rarity today) fantastic customer service (another rarity) and yea, you need to order 2-3 sizes bigger then a normal street jacket. But in the event you order wrong, they are very good about taking back and replacing them and their sizing charts are off by two full sizes in my opinion. You want to order one size bigger just because it's a bike jacket (and you will want to wear it over warmer clothes) and in combination with the sizing chart being off, you really need 2 sizes bigger most times bare minimum. I normally wear like a size 50 in a suit jacket or XL in a casual street jacket but took a 56 from Fox Creek. The vests run short, so consider ordering a "long" version from them. You do pay the return shipping charges.

Last edited by RODEO; 03-12-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ordered from Fox Creek twice - once for my vest & once for my chaps. Again, +1 HDForums, because this was where I was first referred to them. They were great - they sent me an e-mail asking for additional measurements, and I did it while I was on the phone with a real person. They told me up-front everything (I had some custom work done to my chaps, and they said before they did, the wanted me to know I can't return custom stuff) before I ordered, too.

Cannon

Old 03-12-2009, 05:01 PM
quinton
Cruiser

I had the same problem but i am so happy with the service and quality that it is hard to get upset.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by quinton
I had the same problem but i am so happy with the service and quality that it is hard to get upset.
Funny but true!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
scg1953
Tourer

I'm curious as to why you had to pay an extra $40.00. Did you go from a "reg" to a "tall" ? That would account for an extra charge.
My original purchase (2 years ago) was a jacket for me and one for My Wife. My Wife's was a perfect fit but I thought mine was too small so I called them and they shipped me a larger one, by the time I finally figured out that the first one was actually the correct size.... I had 3 jackets (not including My Wife's) at my house. The only $$ I was out was for return shipping. My Son ordered a jacket from them in Dec. and needed the next larger size and again no extra charge.
These folks are great to deal with and have an excelent product.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
NFFN
Banned

Ive ordered alot of stuff & I always liked them.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
TheBagger
Road Master

I followed all their instructions on measuring yourself and ordered a Buffalo Nickel vest, fit perfect, great quality.

Did you follow all the instructions on how to measure yourself for a good fit?

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Leather