Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Noise emmission Laws

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 PM
saw*me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jag1886
That's why everytime I hear someone with straight pipes on I want to hit them the over the head. Not only do they sound like crap but they **** of the general public.

If it's not pipes it's helmets or biker patches. I don't stick my nose in their life I just wish that they would keep out of mine. Nobody says anything about all the money our Gov ( state and local) **** away on a daily basis, but they will stand against the evil loud biker gangs riding through town. If they knew that it was for a cause that they cared about it wouldn't matter because all bikers have to be bad people.

Annoy A Liberal !!!

Tom

Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have $10.00 to spare and thought I might pay cash for a house in Detroit.

spiz

Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Yatez004
Tourer

In New Hampshire the DB limit is 106 or no sticker, anywhere you go. It stinks, and all cops have a DB meter for bike week...Greeeeat

Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by saw*me
If it's not pipes it's helmets or biker patches. I don't stick my nose in their life I just wish that they would keep out of mine. Nobody says anything about all the money our Gov ( state and local) **** away on a daily basis, but they will stand against the evil loud biker gangs riding through town. If they knew that it was for a cause that they cared about it wouldn't matter because all bikers have to be bad people.

Annoy A Liberal !!!

Tom
But loud pipes do stick their nose in other peoples business. For example, try having a nice quiet family picnic on the BRP on a nice Sunday afternoon. You can't even have a conversation because of all the loud bikes running up and down the road. If they all had stock pipes, no one would be complaining. But the majority doesn't have stock pipes and folks are getting tired of all the loud "bad boys". When you invade other peoples space with your noise, you are sticking your nose in their business.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Yatez004
In New Hampshire the DB limit is 106 or no sticker, anywhere you go. It stinks, and all cops have a DB meter for bike week...Greeeeat

106DB is FAR louder than what AMA allows in racing, and even louder than World Super Bike (104dB). If that's too quiet for you, you must be deaf.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Yatez004
Tourer

Originally Posted by Twinrider
106DB is FAR louder than what AMA allows in racing, and even louder than World Super Bike (104dB). If that's too quiet for you, you must be deaf.

I never said it was to quiet. 106db at 2800 RPMs is pretty damn loud. My bike is 103db. Theres a time and a place to be loud, usually the guys who draw attentation to themselves are the ones who get bagged.

More laws = more equipment for the shop to buy, longer inspection times, more equipment to buy = higher inspection prices = more belly achin' by customers.

For those guys with loud pipes, is the hastle of spending a couple hours changing your pipes really worth it? In NH they have no problem putting it on a trailer for #1 Apes being above shoulder height, #2 Over 106db, and the special 'no questions asked' tow is No Baffles at all. Oh and theyll give you a summons also. This year is going to be a rough one at bike week!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I never said it was to quiet. 106db at 2800 RPMs is pretty damn loud. My bike is 103db. Theres a time and a place to be loud, usually the guys who draw attentation to themselves are the ones who get bagged.

More laws = more equipment for the shop to buy, longer inspection times, more equipment to buy = higher inspection prices = more belly achin' by customers.

For those guys with loud pipes, is the hastle of spending a couple hours changing your pipes really worth it? In NH they have no problem putting it on a trailer for #1 Apes being above shoulder height, #2 Over 106db, and the special 'no questions asked' tow is No Baffles at all. Oh and theyll give you a summons also. This year is going to be a rough one at bike week!
Sorry but I just don't see how the New Hampshire law stinks. I06db is generous to a fault imo. If guys are running pipes louder than that they are probably bothering folks wherever they go. They are giving a bad name to all Harley riders, including those who are running reasonably loud aftermarket pipes, and they are the main reason for the rise of stricter noise laws.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
Sorry but I just don't see how the New Hampshire law stinks. I06db is generous to a fault imo. If guys are running pipes louder than that they are probably bothering folks wherever they go. They are giving a bad name to all Harley riders, including those who are running reasonably loud aftermarket pipes, and they are the main reason for the rise of stricter noise laws.
+1....it is the same for everything. the few loud mouths, or loud bikes in this case, ruin it for everybody else. It is all about "me" and "my rights", blah blah blah...........

Old 03-13-2009, 05:41 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Come to Colorado. No helmet, muffler etc. laws at all & awesome scenery to boot. Cops here are totally cool if you're not being a complete jackass. You'll never want to leave.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Old Bones
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad I don't live in the same part of the state as you. Eveyone must ride a stock bike. NHMRO has beat the handle bar law many times, I have never seen a bike "trailered" for loud pipes, and Bike will not be any different than any other year.

Quick Reply: New Noise emmission Laws