Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about my 04 ultra firefighter bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:37 AM
ron bayless
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about my 04 ultra firefighter bike

Does anyone know if my bike would have abs? How do you know?is the electrical system heavier duty like the police bikes?I dont like the fireman on the front of it, but otherwise I love the bike.Thanks for information.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:09 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

As far as I know, the only difference that year was the paint color. Also, they could only be sold to firefighters when new.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ron bayless
Does anyone know if my bike would have abs? How do you know?is the electrical system heavier duty like the police bikes?I dont like the fireman on the front of it, but otherwise I love the bike.Thanks for information.
No, your bike does not have ABS. The electrical system is the same as every other stock 04 Ultra. The police bikes, I believe you are referring to are service bikes (come from the factory with modifications) to make them more suitable for the extra elect loads (lights,radios, etc). Your bike was a special edition, cosmetic (paint and emblems) changes only. I would be interested in what you are referring to when you mention, the "fireman on the front of it". Doesn't sound like HD original equipment to me. If you can would you post a pic of the fireman on the front. I've owned 3 of them.

Here's a pic of my 09 Firefighter Ultra, this is the first year they have offered them in black.

Last edited by Deepsouth251; 03-11-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
ron bayless
Road Master

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
No, your bike does not have ABS. The electrical system is the same as every other stock 04 Ultra. The police bikes, I believe you are referring to are service bikes (come from the factory with modifications) to make them more suitable for the extra elect loads (lights,radios, etc). Your bike was a special edition, cosmetic (paint and emblems) changes only. I would be interested in what you are referring to when you mention, the "fireman on the front of it". Doesn't sound like HD original equipment to me. If you can would you post a pic of the fireman on the front. I've owned 3 of them.

Here's a pic of my 09 Firefighter Ultra, this is the first year they have offered them in black.
I wish I knew how to post a picture,but there is a fireman complete with fireman hat holding a hose like he is extinguishing a fire.I bet the firefighter that owned the bike before me had it put on.You think?Thanks for answering my question.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ron bayless
I wish I knew how to post a picture,but there is a fireman complete with fireman hat holding a hose like he is extinguishing a fire.I bet the firefighter that owned the bike before me had it put on.You think?Thanks for answering my question.
Is it a decal or airbrush paint. I see your point. I'm a retired firefighter and even I wouldn't like it. You could always have that particular piece repainted. One other note, not sure of the year, I think 05, HD changed the color of the red they were using, not sure why. It went from a orange/red to a deeper red. Never liked the deeper red color.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 AM
ron bayless
Road Master

There may not be any such color as fire engine red, but thats what mine looks like,like a red fire engine.It is beautiful.Whitewall tires,extra chrome.man I love it.It sat at the harley dealer for over a year cause no one liked the firefighter on it.My nephew is a firefighter, i appreciate what they do as well as the police so i was glad i bought it and no one else did.