Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Terry TV II

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Boof
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Terry TV II

All,

Posted this in the general forums & haven't gotten any response. This section is lots more active, so I'm copying it here (beg pardon if that's not protocol):

I have an '06 Street Glide with just over 500 miles on it (three weeks... been working alot). I love everything about this bike except the lean, lean, LEAN EFI setup Harley has to do to get past the EPA. In cool weather, at speed, the thing's amazing. But if I'm in traffic, idling on a warm day, it bounces into Heat Management mode constantly. Not to mention the heat off the pipes is insane. So add me to the list of owners researching ways to fatten up the A/F mix.

Very intrigued by the Terry Components Terminal Velocity closed-loop tuner. I understand that it tunes continually, changing with load & all kinds of conditions, and that it "learns" about any aftermarket parts like exhaust, etc. What I don't get is, what standard does it tune to? It's not adjustable, right? So... no matter what parts/setup I have, it's going to eventually adjust things to its "default" or "baseline" settings. I read somewhere that it "adjusts all parameters to acheive the original factory specs."

Um... would those be the lean, lean, LEAN specs I mentioned earlier? If not, what benchmark does the unit use?

I'm not sure I'll ever add exhaust pieces to this bike. I don't really like 'em loud (sorry, guys... to each his own). But I want it to run cooler (richer) no matter what parts I've installed. For me, the other contender would be the PC III, which you can tune like crazy to whatever baseline you like, right or wrong.

Anyone know what kind of baseline or specs this thing likes to see? Close to 13/1?

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Old 04-27-2006, 05:05 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about Terry TV II

Call Tery Components and ask...[sm=smiley20.gif] They are great to deal with and will answer the questions you have....

You could also post over on another board that has a thread about 12 or 13 pages long about the TVII...[url]http://www.*****************/forums/showthread.php?t=71614[\url]

You have some very good questions I don't think anyone has asked before...If you find out let us all know....I am thinking about installing one on my '06 RoadGlide![sm=biker2.gif]

Old 04-27-2006, 05:28 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Question about Terry TV II

I agree with joeschmoe. Call them, they are great to work with. I did my upgrade about 2 weeks ago & have no issues at all.

Toll Free: 1-866-388-3779 / Ph. 605-642-5300 – Fax: 605-642-1080