Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chrome switch housing help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chrome switch housing help

Looking to spruce up the front of the bike any good aftermarket chrome switch housings out there that would save me a few bucks any help thanks

Attached Thumbnails chrome switch housing help-buletts-006.jpg  
Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
hawkeye85
Tourer

I just put kuryakyn housing on my road king that i bought from mandm cycle which is 20% cheaper then any where else. I had kuryakyn on my first softail standard and thought i would do it again. wish i woulda bought harley this time cause the cruise and dummy plugs didnt fit exactly and had to do some sanding of plastic. but i was warned of this and learned. mandmcycle sells harley parts 20% off and i would say thats your best bet for going together with ease.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

Thanks hawkeye but how do they hold up is chrome good how much work to get them to function good

Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might check ebay...I bought really nice chrome housings on there for $35..exact same quality has the MoCo.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Bob, I purchased Custom Chrome controls (levers, clutch perch, master cyl. and housings) almost 3+ years ago for $120 delivered and they have held up beautifully.

On the other hand, as custom as your bike is, you probably sould consider something more custom than the OEM style aftermarket products--it's just $$$ right???

Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
51Moe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Check KC International on ebay. I just got the housings 07-up for $59. They were $67 shipped. Good quality.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

Given the color scheme of your bike...I would just go with chrome switches/levers/brake reservoir cap. That would break-up the black nicely...then braided cables if you don't already have them. (can't tell from the pic)

Old 03-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried Kury's & HD's. The Kury chrome housings are excellent, but they don't have an indent cut out for the wiring harness that runs along the underside in the indentations of your bars. At least, the set I bought for my Deuce didn't. I ended up crushing my wiring harness and shorting stuff out. Not happy.

The HD switch housings fit perfectly. remember to buy the extra kit which contains chrome bolts - the HD housings don't come with them, while the Kury kit does. I will stick to the HD kit.

Cannon

Old 03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really like the contrast of chrome housing/black switches, especially if you have any black. Goes well with the diamond plate.

Attached Thumbnails chrome switch housing help-dsc01652.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with the HD Chrome switch housing, and chrome levers for both brake and clutch. They fit perfect, and they have really held up well over the years. Still look great after almost 9 years. Can't ask for more than that from a product. Very pleased. Highly recommend them, especially if they are still mfg by the same producers from the past. Don't really know if that's one of the items outsourced to China now.....

Quick Reply: chrome switch housing help