Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG rear fender fascia or Tri-Bar on a RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:42 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SG rear fender fascia or Tri-Bar on a RKC?

I am looking to put the SG rear fender fascia or maybe even the tri bar fender extension with the HD fender fillers on my 08 RKC. I want to know what had to be done with the fender trim the RKC has if the SG fascia was installed, and what can be done once it's removed (if I have to).

Looking at the pics of the tri bar, if I go that route, I'm guessing the piece in the pic replaces the stock RKC fender trim?

Thanks, Jon

Old 03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Do I search on this site. I know its been discussed several times before.

I'm adding the clean vivid black front SG fender to my RK this weekend to go with my new E3 blackwall tires. Would love to do the rear fender. Let us know how it goes, and show us some pics.

Last edited by Pumba11; 03-09-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I get home I'll post you up some photos of the work I just did to my '03 RKC this past weekend, I added the Tri-Bar Fender Ext. (91066-07). I searched before but never found any pictures of a SG rear fascia on a Classic, and I'm not sure how that would look with the leather bags. But your profile shows hard bags on your RKC so you'd have a different perspective that I would.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:33 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

I think either would look good on hard or soft bags. Just filling in the gap looks good. I just don't want to have to do any major mods to get one to fit. If I can do away with the stock fender trim on my RKC and cover up the holes and have it look good, I'd be happy.

Or keep the fender trim and add the fascia? I've never seen it, but I'm open to ideas.

P.S. send those pics Chicago 03 King! Thanks

Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer

I just uploaded pictures to my album. Sorry about the quality, but I didn't get a chance to get photos in the daylight. If you need better photos I can take some tomorrow when I get home from work.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

i had the very same question for my 06 RKC. i was lucky enough to find mint condition cobalt-blue hard bags for mine.... $200.

yes, $200 and no, they werent stolen (or, "I" didnt steal them, lol) [just kidding!]

that was the most expensive component for me in order to even think of doing the SG rear end.... i would up simply adding a RG rear light bar which brought the signals btwn the bags and fender, a lay down plate mount and a nice chrome brake-light cover.

the RKC trim on the lower fender kept me from doing the full SG kit. if it were merely 'adhesived' on, and could be removed with no evidence (holes), thatd be great.... but i dont want to screw my fender up.

the next addition will be the caps that cover the torx heads visible from behind.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The additional cost of doing this SG facia/LED install with the fender swap is about $150 if you wait to find a good fender in your bike's color. Something to remember when you have some $$$ to spend on bling.

It definitely changes the look of the bike at the back.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:44 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
The additional cost of doing this SG facia/LED install with the fender swap is about $150 if you wait to find a good fender in your bike's color. Something to remember when you have some $$$ to spend on bling.

It definitely changes the look of the bike at the back.
Pingman, did you swap to a SG fender?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 AM
cannedham1
Cruiser
Default rear facia

I just ordered the SG rear facia in my color from Chicago HD. Doug over there is great to work with. Anytime I call he is willing to help me with all part numbers and makes sure I get just what I need. Give him a call if you have questions , im sure he'll be helpful. Once the parts come and I install them i'll post pics.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Pingman, did you swap to a SG fender?
Yes, when I did mine 3 years ago and I didn't know any better, I bought a primered SG fender from HD. If I was doing it now, I'd buy a RG or RK Custom fender--basically, a rear fender that doesn't have holes.

FBI or trike conversion businesses may have entire SG take-off fenders, turn signal, facia, etc.

Quick Reply: SG rear fender fascia or Tri-Bar on a RKC?