Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon Pledge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009 | 08:34 PM
HDStreetGlide
Cruiser

I always keep a bottle of Pledge in the bag. Lemon Pledge has citrus, which I believe is the "secret" ingredient in Bug Slide, and it only costs $3! I use it on my windshield and fairing every time I fill the tank on a road trip and the bugs slide right off. Freaked me out at first but works like a charm.

Old 08-19-2009 | 08:49 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

When I was in Sturgis staying at my uncles we had ridden 1800 miles with no rain... the last 15 in the rain. I was so tired the next day, I didn't want to ride so I washed the bike. I couldn't find wax in my uncles garage, but found pledge in my aunt's cabinet... So I tried it and it worked great!!! Well all was good until the next rain, then I got terrible spotting on the bike... more so then usual but they all washed off no problem. Think that may have been the pledge? Regardless, it works IMO as long as the bike stayed dry it looked great!

Old 08-19-2009 | 09:01 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

So, if Pledge is so great, I suppose you are all using it on your cars and trucks as well?

Old 08-19-2009 | 09:48 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Adacas
My wife wants to know if you guys find using PLEDGE around the house to be just as effective as using it on your motorcycles? Dusting furniture, window sills, top of fridge, TV etc.
House? Oh, that place where I crash. Wife cleans that. Now c'mon, It's a fair trade.

I keep the bike clean and let her ride on the back. She keeps the house clean and she let's me sleep in the bed. See! Fair deal.

Old 08-19-2009 | 10:11 PM
SecondChance!!
Road Master

Originally Posted by Adacas
My wife wants to know if you guys find using PLEDGE around the house to be just as effective as using it on your motorcycles? Dusting furniture, window sills, top of fridge, TV etc.
My license only allows me to use it on mobile objects rated for over 50mph!!! I have used regular pledge on both of my show 'Vettes when I had them, now I use it on my show Z71, my scoot and the OL's Impala. Even use it on the leather seats in my Z without a problem as long as I use and then let it set for a while before I get in it. I use it on the chrome, paint, windshield(bike) even the tires on the bike and truck when I show them.

I would not though use it on the scoots seat. My dad used to put it on the slide at home growing up and it made it REALLY slick!!!

Last edited by SecondChance!!; 08-19-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2009 | 06:57 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

lemon pledge works.

Old 08-20-2009 | 07:37 AM
hawg08
Road Master

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. I'm a believer now!!!

Old 08-20-2009 | 08:13 AM
texaswiz
Banned

I have been using the cheap furniture polish (Like Pledge) from the Dollar Stores for years now. The only difference is I pay $2 instead of $3.50 for the Pledge. My custom paint jobs and new cars and pickups all get it. I will say that it should not be used on the tires nor the leather seat. If you want your tires and leather seat or jacket to shine and be preserved with an SPF like chemical which actually protects them from harmful sunlight and ozone, use Aerospace 303 from most boat dealers. Use the Pledge or private label products sparingly. No need to saturate the surface. Just a light spray and wipe it off with a soft cotton t-shirt or microfiber towel. Works on windshields, face sheilds, helmets, paint and chrome and brushed aluminum (forks). Every six months or so I wash and use a good liquid wax like old fashioned Turtle Wax. Every other day it is furniture polish. A can usually last 4 or 5 months and it is a lot cheaper than the popular sprays and waxes found in bike shops. I was actually in the Harley shop one morning getting coffee about the time they were getting ready to open up. I noticed that the two salesmen were using a can of Pledge to prep all the bikes for the day. The one says to me that the boss has them use Pledge because it was so much cheaper than the stuff they sell, and it works just as well. They just don't want anyone to know. So, if anyone reads this, don't let the cat out of the bag. Just between you and me, ya know.

Old 08-20-2009 | 08:23 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Bet this would work great on the OL Buell B-last that has plastic panels??

Old 08-20-2009 | 08:25 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Originally Posted by timvan
Bet this would work great on the OL Buell B-last that has plastic panels??
Used it on the plastic on my XB9SX inside and out and it worked great.

Quick Reply: Lemon Pledge?