Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon Pledge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009 | 08:47 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

Does it work on leather, like seats and saddlebags? Thanks!

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:07 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Originally Posted by drmichealj
Where are you putting the pledge on your bike? You did not make it clear in your comment.
Everything that needs a wipe down. Paint, chrome, wheels (stay away from brakes and tires), headlight, dash, windshield...

I use it between washes...before and after rides. I use a california min duster to get the dust off, then spray the pledge on a microfiber towel and wipe the bike down. Follow up sections with a dry towel to shine it up.

For washes I use a nice coat of paste wax...then use the pledge in between washes.

Once a few coats of pledge have been applied you can just wet a microfiber towel and give the bike a good wipe down, followed bya dry towel for shine.

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:08 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
Probably could...but I have not used it on my seat or anything leather. Maybe someone else knows???

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:40 AM
Bluetoys
Road Master

it can be used on the bags, seats, windshield, paint, chrome, and basically anything you can wipe it off from. I have even used it on my clean engine to brighten up the paint if it dulls. don't spray too much on the engine though, in case you can't get it wiped off completely, like in the fins and crevices.

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:53 AM
dafoot2
Advanced

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC

I would think you wouldnt want this on your seat. Wouldnt it make it slippery?? I would think its similiar to why you dont use armor all on certain car parts.

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:02 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member

I use it now after all the threads. Works great. Still wash and wax and then pledge. The bike literally can be dusted off. I can rinse the bike off, blow dry and reapply pledge between washings. The shield, bugs are basically dusted off (well, they come off a lot easier). Love it!

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:20 AM
anubisss
Banned

I have been using pledge on bikes for a long time. Also works great great on windshield and if you wear a helmet with a face shield face shields too. I don't like using it on the chrome though.

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:24 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Yep, I'm another that has used Pledge and it works good. I think it takes a little extra work to rub off though.

Be careful if you use the lemon pledge. I'm told it attracts bees (the scent).

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:31 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

Used it before numerous times on my paint...never tried it on chrome. If you think about it, it's just spray on wax. Most furniture has a finish to it, so this is really no different. I don't rely on the stuff myself because I have a lot of different polishes, waxes and sprays in my garage. But when I'm in a pinch...out comes the Pledge. Seriously, it won't harm your bikes finish.

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:34 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

I started using it this past week after the posts and it really does shine (and the dust comes off so easy now - or what's killing us now is the tree pollen...my vivid black is almost yellow from it).I have to use two rags. one after I spray it, another to polish it dry....looks really sharp

Quick Reply: Lemon Pledge?