Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 or not

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
jhr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 or not

I just installed a set of se slip-ons. Is it worth the time to finish the stage 1 upgrade? I have a pc and se air cleaner. I am new to the touring bikes and look forward to spending some quality time with my retired father and maybe my wife will ride with me on this bike. She does not like the other two. I have been able to take advantage of the nice weather and ride the bike over the weekend. The bike rides nice and the slip-ons give me the "tone" that was missing with the stock mufflers.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
FatBAGstr'd
Advanced

IMO this is personal preference. If you are happy with the way things are now, then so be it - don't fix something that ain't broke.

If you want a little more performance, then yes, finishing out the Stage I is a good idea. You can shove all the fuel in the world into the cylinders, but if the bike can't breathe (in or out) it won't do any good.

I'm happy with my stage I over stock. However, it opened the door to always wanting MORE.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 PM
hollywoodultra
Tourer

Why stop at the Stage 1, throw in some cams. After that do a 95....just kidding. It never really ends, once you do one it seems you want more!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
skyking
Tourer

I did only slip-ons to my 09 Ultra. Bike runs great. I'm satisfied as is.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:26 PM
jhr
Intermediate
Default true

I know what you mean. My softail, has a 96" motor with cam, carb, ignition and head work. The sporters started out as an 883. It now is a 1200 with cam, carb, ingition and heads. It used to be just the wife and I and know we have a beautiful 8 year old little girl that loves to go for a ride with daddy. I have the parts, the problem is I am not sure what download to use. Thanks for the advice

Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

Originally Posted by FatBAGstr'd
IMO this is personal preference. If you are happy with the way things are now, then so be it - don't fix something that ain't broke.

If you want a little more performance, then yes, finishing out the Stage I is a good idea. You can shove all the fuel in the world into the cylinders, but if the bike can't breathe (in or out) it won't do any good.

I'm happy with my stage I over stock. However, it opened the door to always wanting MORE.
Hey do your remeber what did the Harley dealer charge you to flash your bike after the stage 1?

Old 03-09-2009, 06:38 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If I read your post correctly, you have all the parts for a Stage I (SE AC, slipons, PC) If the PC means Power Commander, sounds like all you need is the right map. If you got the PC from FuelMoto just request a map if not you probably could give them the info and they would sell you a map.