Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throw away your wash bucket & mitt

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
blueskyregion
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't ship to Canada eh.......

Old 03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 661 Likes on 411 Posts

Doctor Mecanico sounds like a nice product. I still prefer using car wash solution, wash mitt, spoke brush, and a cycle dryer to get water out of hard-to-reach places.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
deluxe drew
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badbagger
Sounds good.. I use a two part product called Klassee after a good wash and while it's a bit pricey, it is outstanding. Gives a good deep color and my black almost looks wet it does so good.
Klasse is good stuff. I've used the red bottle (Arcylic polish) for years... Usually a good wash with dish soap does a good job of stripping off remaining waxes. I then will hand dry, put a good coat of klasse on, let it cure overnight garaged - then dust the bike off lightly, and apply 1-2 good coats of Einszett. I used to do that on my car twice a year and it worked really well, and kept it easy to clean.

www.detailersparadise.com

They have a ton of great products.

For bikes I just keep them washed regularly and detail with Protect All. I ride pretty much year 'round in the PacNW, I try to keep it as clean as I can. I've yet to do a full polish/wax on the Street Glide - but I will! Protect All is pretty good stuff though.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:42 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by deluxe drew
Klasse is good stuff. I've used the red bottle (Arcylic polish) for years... Usually a good wash with dish soap does a good job of stripping off remaining waxes. I then will hand dry, put a good coat of klasse on, let it cure overnight garaged - then dust the bike off lightly, and apply 1-2 good coats of Einszett. I used to do that on my car twice a year and it worked really well, and kept it easy to clean.

For bikes I just keep them washed regularly and detail with Protect All. I ride pretty much year 'round in the PacNW, I try to keep it as clean as I can. I've yet to do a full polish/wax on the Street Glide - but I will! Protect All is pretty good stuff though.
I found that Protect All, in a RV store last year for 6 bucks small spray bottle, stuff is great....best bang for the buck out there...................

Old 03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
rsofa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by deluxe drew

Howdy Neighbor when you get time can you do mine??

Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 PM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It may be heresy on this forum, but I like Honda Brite. The stuff is amazing. Anyone else tried it?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

www.importdpsspeedshop.com

I tried to order from this site today, typed in all my info including credit card, & got a message saying they didn't ship internationally.
I couldn't find anything that said where they were but I'm in NC...

I also checked Wal-Mart, Walgreen's, Auto Zone & Pep Boys with no luck.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
slowjoefrisco
Intermediate
Talking Cleaning

ONe guy said it all. It's better to wash by hand it is theropy. That is the best responce

Old 03-10-2009, 01:53 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by slowjoefrisco
ONe guy said it all. It's better to wash by hand it is theropy. That is the best responce
I'll agree with that, but some of us don't have a lot of time and would rather spend what little we do have riding (the best therapy) instead of cleaning.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 AM
roadking1893
Tourer

This is of the topic, as a personal trainer I recommend to all my cliets to get going, bo mobile and move and use the body as it is meant to use. the way to start is take the time to wash your cars or in this case bike. Having said that I prepare hand washing my bike being mobile in the process. I know we are in a high tech age but I still can't accept the idea of spraying something on a surface and all the slime and dirty will just wash off. One thing I started to do as a washing technique is, mix the washing solution in a spray bottle instead of a bucket. There is something wrong when one washes a bike and not really lay a hand on it, rubbing and polishing all that chrome.

Quick Reply: Throw away your wash bucket & mitt