Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throw away your wash bucket & mitt

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
GoodTimes
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommended the wizrds to shine the chrome and said many guys I know don't even use water to clean their bikes bu thats because my friends and I are all O.C.D about our belongings and in a way that's not a bad thing when the dollar investment is so large.

I personally don't use this method. I wash my own bike and happen to use all the best to care for it. I use car wash from carproducts.com. The car wash they sell is high foam is excellent wash. I have been detailing vehicles for years and love to have a good quality wash to start the cleaning process. I then use the AIR COMPRESSOR to blow dry the entire bike so I don't have to towel off the thing and risk swirl marks or anything on the Vivid black. I mean swirl marks happen but I try to reduce them as much as possible. The air compressor allows you to really get all the water out of the compartments within the engine and battery area.

I wax the bike using Xaino car wax which is rather expensive but is by far the best waxing process I have ever used. I creates a deep shine that nearly looks like you are looking through layers of clear coat if you try to see your reflection in your paint. I could send pics of this if anyone is interested. It's great. for touch up I use S100 to clean all the rims but I use it sparingly and apply it with a rag so I can wipe it on and remove the road grime and then immediately polish it off. For the hard to reach areas I actually take a piece of rope and fold it over the hub of the wheel and use this to buff the S100 onto this section of the bike. I hold the ends of the rope and pull from side to side as it polishes the hub on both the top and bottom. It works great. No more bruised fingers.

Some suggestions is all

Old 03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
BEAST
Cruiser
Old 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

It may shine now but it won't last like a hand polished/waxed surface. Test after test proves it, but should be good enough if your in a hurry and don't mind wax over everything on your bike. Just my 2 cents, thats all.

Last edited by tmblweed; 03-09-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tmblweed
It may shine now but it won't last like a hand polished/waxed surface. Tesy after yest proves it, but should be good enough if your in a hurry and don't mind wax over everything on your bike. Just my 2 cents, thats all.
+1 on the hand wax

Old 03-09-2009, 06:08 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I searched online but cannot find anywhere to buy Dr. Mecanico. Unless you live in Peurto Rico I guess you are SOL!

Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:31 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by KSGLIDEGUY
I searched online but cannot find anywhere to buy Dr. Mecanico. Unless you live in Peurto Rico I guess you are SOL!
It took me a coupe of seconds to find it. There is a place in PA that sells it.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 300 Likes on 198 Posts

http://www.importdpsspeedshop.com/

Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Here's the place I ordered it (post #26) from today. Figured I'd try it and a case of 6 for the spray was only $28 - includes shipping.

Above post beat me to it. That's the place.

Last edited by Xcrossbow; 03-09-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Duplicate info
Old 03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Like I said before, the bike is clean and shiney, but the stuff don't strip the wax. You can still leave finger marks in the wax on the bike. Here is a link to where you can get the stuff. I'm surprised it's that hard to find, it's made in the USA. www.importdpsspeedshop.com Somebody's got to have tried it besides me. Dan

Quick Reply: Throw away your wash bucket & mitt