Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest place to buy Genuine HD parts and accessories...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
Zanotti's and Chicago H-D both give 20% off for online sales.
+1 on Zanotti's. Saved 85 bucks on a Oil cooler. Great service! Have not tried Chigago HD.........Yet!

Old 03-08-2009, 11:05 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Price matching at a dealership??? Most dealers will laugh at you if you try that.
The guy at my dealership told me anytime and he would try to beat it .. He didnt beat em but he got close enuff that i walked out of the store with everything i wanted.. He was working really hard to beat it too but i finally told him hey get me close... Even paying the sales tax we were within 20 bucks... Good enuff for me.. I thought they did me good and i didnt make a special trip either as i was in the area dropping off my venison for processing and i make a right turn next to the dealer And if your dealer is laughing at you you need a different dealer.. Really they cant afford to F&*K around these days as there are dealers that need to sell to make money..

Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
Zanotti's and Chicago H-D both give 20% off for online sales.
Actually, Chicago prices at 20%-off MSRP, but Zanotti's works on a cost-plus margin. Sometimes Chicago is cheaper, but more often Zanotti's has the best prices, and they're almost never the same. Sometimes they are much lower at Zanotti's, like IDS that is $305 MSRP and $198 their price, and that is about a 35% discount. I always compare prices at the two dealerships including shipping before deciding.

Another factor is that Chicago does not keep inventory on internet orders, thus everything is ordered. Zanotti's provides a current inventory which you can check on-line by part number, and if in stock it usually ships very quickly.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
The guy at my dealership told me anytime and he would try to beat it .. He didnt beat em but he got close enuff that i walked out of the store with everything i wanted.. He was working really hard to beat it too but i finally told him hey get me close... Even paying the sales tax we were within 20 bucks... Good enuff for me.. I thought they did me good and i didnt make a special trip either as i was in the area dropping off my venison for processing and i make a right turn next to the dealer And if your dealer is laughing at you you need a different dealer.. Really they cant afford to F&*K around these days as there are dealers that need to sell to make money..

Not my dealer laughing at me. Haven't tried. Guarantee most dealerships in the country would. There are plenty of people walking into the dealership paying full retail on parts that are not educated on the discount places that the dealers don't really need to worry about one or two educated consumers trying to price match net-store prices.

I'm glad your dealer works with you on that. You are one of the lucky ones. I'll just keep on shopping with my reliable online stores and not worry about trying to low-ball at the local level.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:55 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Not my dealer laughing at me. Haven't tried. Guarantee most dealerships in the country would. There are plenty of people walking into the dealership paying full retail on parts that are not educated on the discount places that the dealers don't really need to worry about one or two educated consumers trying to price match net-store prices.

I'm glad your dealer works with you on that. You are one of the lucky ones. I'll just keep on shopping with my reliable online stores and not worry about trying to low-ball at the local level.

Ya i coulda done zanotti and saved that 20 or 24 bucks but i had the time and was going right by so i figured id ask... they bent over backwards for me and like i said i walked out with everything i wanted.. i do a pretty fair share of buying online just because i really hate shopping to begin with and now days most of the time you can get it to the front door cheaper than you can physically go out yourself and get the stuff.. My wife loves to shop? I hate it... I built my 1932 ford 3 window coupe mostly from the internet.. I went to one show and bought parts but most of them i got online.. It worked as i sold it for 42.5k and it wasnt junk it was a very well built car thats why it brought big bucks... You just need to know what to look for when shopping online cause there is some real junk out there..

Old 03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.mandmcycles.com can get whatever you need from HD or any after market co. They have a parts look up that'll show you your cost upfront. Good people.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:49 PM
crfranklin65
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had good luck with www.surdyke.com

20% off and I don't have to pay sales tax. Reasonable shipping. I believe they are out of Missouri. (Closer to me than Chicago obviously)

Old 08-16-2022, 11:33 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 512 Likes on 334 Posts

This policy even affects dealers who have multiple dealerships. Last November I wanted a set of adjustable pushrods. They were on backorder. But my dealership said there was a set at one of their other dealerships. So the dealership that had them sent them to another dealer who then sent them to my dealer. It's was all part of this parts zone scheme. When I got them I had to pay above retail. To cover shipping from one dealer to another to another. I wasn't happy because this wasn't explained ahead of time. But I needed to get the job done so just accepted it What a world

Old 08-16-2022, 11:53 AM
johndoe297
Road Master
Received 765 Likes on 407 Posts

Too bad none of this applies anymore unless you live in their "dealer territory".

The following users liked this post:
Goose_NC (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 11:59 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,231 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by johndoe297
Too bad none of this applies anymore unless you live in their "dealer territory".
I think @martin10 fell for the “Related Thread” trap.

Quick Reply: Cheapest place to buy Genuine HD parts and accessories...