Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered New ACC Carbon Fiber Polo Helmet Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered New ACC Carbon Fiber Polo Helmet Today

Called ACC after reading all the stuff you guys have said good about them and ordered a DOT Polo today. I mentioned reading about them on HDForums and they gave me 10% off the top, which I thought was cool. (So how come they're not a sponsor yet?)
They did not have one in stock, so they're apparently going to have to make mine on Monday. They said I would have the helmet by the end of next week.
I'm pretty stoked now. They will send 3 different thicknesses of interior spacing/padding that allows you custom fit the helmet to your head.
I'll post again when I get it.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I've had the polo for a couple of years now. It used to be like pulling teeth to get me to wear a helmet. I won't leave home without mine. Good choice Kid. I wish I had told them to put a D-ring on instead of the clip one.

Last edited by SamStone; 03-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Andy Engemann
Tourer

I would also like to know more about this helmet after you have spent some time using it. Does it really feel that much lighter? Quality of the finish? Fitment issues using the different paddings?

Thanks,

Andy

Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a 1/2 from them 2 yrs ago and couldn't be happier. Lite, a few pads to work with to acheive perfect fit, looking to get one for momma now. You won't be dissappointed.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
nb472
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Apparently you haven't done a search on ACC helmets. Not everyone thinks they're the greatest, including me. It is the helmet I wear most of the time, only because it is very light weight. QC sucks. Sent mine back twice. Once for a mis-shaped helmet and once to have the straps moved. They can't seem to get that right IMO. Luckily the people at ACC are very easy to work with and will do what it takes. IMHO, for the money, there are better choices.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:08 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Been wearing mine for several years now. The lightest most comfortable DOT helemt I have ever had, that is for sure...

Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
cegusa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give the fine folks at ACC a call and ask what it would take to switch it over to the D ring straps. I think you will find their answer very accommodating. I just had mine done. Paid one way shipping and back to me within a week.

Originally Posted by SamStone
I've had the polo for a couple of years now. It used to be like pulling teeth to get me to wear a helmet. I won't leave home without mine. Good choice Kid. I wish I had told them to put a D-ring on instead of the clip one.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:14 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

I just ordered the Polo as well,got the 10% discount for forums members.was told they now come with the double D ring AND the quick release in the box!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Seener84
Tourer

Post pics on your head if you wouldnt mind, Im wondering if the pics on the site are a choice few that make it look slim and good. I know not all helmets fit everyone well, and I hate to try an expensive helmet like that without being able to try it on first and see it on my head. Looks good though from what Ive seen.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
jawebby
2nd Gear

what is the contact info for acc

Quick Reply: Ordered New ACC Carbon Fiber Polo Helmet Today