Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadglide tour pac

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 PM
jbob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roadglide tour pac

Ok, it's time to get the general opinion on the looks of the new tour pac. I don't ever ride two up so I went with the back rest option and it really works well. What does it do for the look of the bike? I have only seen one other bike with this configuration, so it must not be that popular as most people like to carry a passenger at times. Your thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Roadglide tour pac-roadglide.jpg   Roadglide tour pac-100_0430.jpg  
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

looks good, but you need to lose that windshield

Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,037 Likes on 7,309 Posts

NICE

I like it

Enjoy

Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
SGChick
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great look for a solo rider! I have mine in the solo position also when we go on more than a weekend trip...otherwise, since it's detachable, I have it off. You have a beautiful bike.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 PM
blueride
Tourer
Smile Tourpack with solo seat

Like it. Looks more balanced with the tourpack centered over the rear fender rather than hanging behind it.

Keep the windshield, its waay more functional than the other one.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:46 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I like the look - it seems to a great idea for someone who rides solo. I ordered a chopped tour pak the other, is there anything special you had to do to mount it that way. I order the quick detach mount, since I ride alone I should have considered your option. Keep the windshield, it looks good and function much better that the shorty.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:54 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

it looks excellent but in my opinion, you need to get some "black" on that tour pack. Consider adding this:

-
Tour-Pak® Chrome and Simulated Leather Lid Accent Panel

Chrome and leather are the classic materials to dress your Harley. And this Chrome and Simulated Leather Accent Panel is just the thing for customizing your Tour-Pak®. The mirror-finish heavy chrome trim band with "Harley-Davidson®" logo surrounds a field of black vinyl that fits the recess on your Tour-Pak® lid. Includes installation hardware.

53911-01

It looks good but then you don't have much room for gear or baggage. I myself like to carry a full face helmet (in case of rain mostly) and I considered the mount as you have it. I decided to leave the back seat open to put a soft bag on and to get the King Pack to hold the helmet etc. Besides, on long multi day trips, the soft bag on the seat can and will act as your 'back rest" which will be much appreciated on those multi day trips.. I guess it all depends upon looks and function and I went with function over looks.

You need to change out those shift rods ends too before they leave you stranded. Do a search for HEIM joints and replace that weak linkage. Here's one thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...nds-again.html

Last edited by RODEO; 03-06-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:11 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jamesrgarner
I like the look - it seems to a great idea for someone who rides solo. I ordered a chopped tour pak the other, is there anything special you had to do to mount it that way. I order the quick detach mount, since I ride alone I should have considered your option. Keep the windshield, it looks good and function much better that the shorty.
You need a "solo" seat for that option and a different detachable tour pack mounting rack. I am pretty sure it will work with either the 2-point or 4-point dock though.

Last edited by RODEO; 03-06-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:14 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Me likes...ride safe

Quick Reply: Roadglide tour pac