Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have "Loud Lids?"

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009 | 06:05 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MoosesUltra09
If there is someone that can tell me what speakers / amps to buy, I can make my own adapters, That's not very hard to do. i just don't have the electrical stereo component knowledge on what to get to replace the crap HD put in my 09 Ultra that's already blown and sounding like what they are ... crap!
Forum member Firecap can help you with your audio. Hes very knowledge and friendly. As for loudlids, its different, and not for everyone, but it does blend form and function which is a plus. As for the speakers in the weather, it doesnt seem to be any different than the speakers in a tourpak, as far as exposure goes.

Old 12-23-2009 | 06:19 AM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

I went through the same hassle with loud lids for months and I am a shop also. Decided to give up and found another company that is doing them. They are rock n tops or rock n ride not sure because they are changing names right now but their customer service is great and the lids are much more discreet and tasteful. They are running full marine speakers which hold up real well. I have been running them on my bike for most of the season now through rain and salt without a hitch. Real nice quality and great fit. Right now they only have a 5 1/4 lid but the 6 1/2 is on route within the next week or so. If you want anymore info just let me know, thanks. Here is a real bad pic but you can get the idea. I can take some more if you are interested.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have "Loud Lids?"-2009-12-19-15.59.09.jpg   Anyone have "Loud Lids?"-2009-12-19-15.59.39.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009 | 10:29 AM
shredsurf
Road Master
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:47 PM
Street Star Designs
Cruiser

Originally Posted by xtremechopper
I went through the same hassle with loud lids for months and I am a shop also. Decided to give up and found another company that is doing them. They are rock n tops or rock n ride not sure because they are changing names right now but their customer service is great and the lids are much more discreet and tasteful. They are running full marine speakers which hold up real well. I have been running them on my bike for most of the season now through rain and salt without a hitch. Real nice quality and great fit. Right now they only have a 5 1/4 lid but the 6 1/2 is on route within the next week or so. If you want anymore info just let me know, thanks. Here is a real bad pic but you can get the idea. I can take some more if you are interested.
funny i sent you a pm several months ago to have you contact me...even gave you my personal cell number to catch me directly, you didnt respond... so you must not have been trying to hard.....im sorry that you had to buy those rockin tops,but if you love them great.... can you post a picture of the inside of that lid for all of us to see? thanks

Old 12-31-2009 | 05:55 AM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Street Star Designs
funny i sent you a pm several months ago to have you contact me...even gave you my personal cell number to catch me directly, you didnt respond... so you must not have been trying to hard.....im sorry that you had to buy those rockin tops,but if you love them great.... can you post a picture of the inside of that lid for all of us to see? thanks
You are right, you did pm me a couple of months ago and I did not call you. That was because my original phone calls and emails were sent out from March to July and I never got any return calls or emails until just a couple of months ago. Now that I know the whole story of some of the issues that you were having in the company I do understand to a degree but the proper way would have been to at least posted on your website or returned some of the calls/emails. I am not trying to get into a pissing match with you or insulting you in any way with this just explaining where I am coming from.
Now, on the upside, one of my customers did get a set of your lids and I will say they are very nice quality and I do like the speakers you are using. Have not heard the system yet but likely will within the next couple of weeks. I just posted an alternative to your lids for someone that may not want that over the top custom look and may want a more discreet look. If you really want to see the inside of the lid, I can take a couple of pics for you with and without the plate.

Old 12-31-2009 | 12:12 PM
Street Star Designs
Cruiser

I wasn't trying to start a pissing match....yes we had some legal issues to deal with and that shut us down for 4-5 months..... I wouldn't intentionally try and avoid potential bussiness from anyone...Im sorry to anyone that was trying to get products from us over that period and couldnt get them. I know my product is far superior to the rockin tops...for the same money! but your right it is another option....I have something new comming soon... stay tuned for the release!!! But i would like to see the insides of their lid... if you could! thanks Alan

Old 12-31-2009 | 05:04 PM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

pm sent

Old 01-01-2010 | 10:22 AM
hdrider6305
6th Gear
Default speaker lids

I think you are ride on

Last edited by hdrider6305; 01-05-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-01-2010 | 11:28 AM
utlonghorns416
Road Master

I like the look of these better and they have the options of factory paint match.

http://rockntops.com/

Old 01-01-2010 | 01:14 PM
Street Star Designs
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hdrider6305
I think you are lucky not to get a set of lids ,but give you the lids look great and sound great my friend has them but now the bad part, the amp was loud and sounded great but i went bad and now he cant find a place to fix it. It may be the salt air but i dont think so, we are here in Daytona and the where a few of the guys here that got them and now some got the other lids.I have to say after looking at both lids the ones the guys in Tx did look better inside.Hope they can get all issues fixed .Everybody remember a company is only as good as there service. ride on
hey hdrider, i sent you a pm on your problem.... i read a couple of your other post and you said you have some of my equipment....then in other post you say that your buddy has some stuff...which is it? Get your story straight before you come on here talking ****! I sent you a pm to help solve your problem if indeed you are a customer and you didnt respond... It seems like you just joined this forum to come on here and try and bash me... GROW UP!!! This isnt the way to handle business... If you indeed have a problem with your stuff feel free to give me a call so i can help you! your problem obviously isnt gonna fix itself here!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone have "Loud Lids?"