Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about riding thru New Jersey and not being able to pump your own gas....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009 | 05:21 PM
DrPlastic
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Question about riding thru New Jersey and not being able to pump your own gas....

How do you fellow riders handle the fact that they won't let you pump your own go juice? How do the gas station attendants handle it? Do they take extra precautions under the fear of bodily harm if they dribble gas on the paint etc. Thinking about riding up to see me mum on Long island and must pass thru New Jersey on the trip up.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by DrPlastic; 03-04-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2009 | 05:26 PM
cerk4
Cruiser

they look at you, then the bike, then at you, then back at the bike, then hand you the pump and let you pump your own..

Old 03-04-2009 | 05:35 PM
rpmarkley
Cruiser

I wanna know why this is. Oregon, I think is the same way. Anybody know?

Old 03-04-2009 | 05:35 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Yup the attendents know better and if you even think they look like they're "new" and "think" going to do it, just say "I'll pump my own" and then do it yourself. First I shake the nozzle on the ground for a few seconds to dispell any drops of gas onto the ground (onto the attendants toes as necessary). It's a non-issue for Bikers here in NJ...

Last edited by RODEO; 03-04-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2009 | 05:41 PM
rpmarkley
Cruiser
Old 03-04-2009 | 05:51 PM
roaddog
Cruiser

Doc
I live in New Jersey and to date have never had a gas jockey even attempt to put gas in my bike. They will come up to you and ask you what you want and how much. Then key in the grade and the amount and hand you the gas pump. The good ones will even offer you a rag or paper towel, not that I ever have spillage. Don't let the gas stations stop you from driving through. Besides NJ has some of the cheapest gas in the tristate area.

Old 03-04-2009 | 05:53 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roaddog
Doc
I live in New Jersey and to date have never had a gas jockey even attempt to put gas in my bike. They will come up to you and ask you what you want and how much. Then key in the grade and the amount and hand you the gas pump. The good ones will even offer you a rag or paper towel, not that I ever have spillage. Don't let the gas stations stop you from driving through. Besides NJ has some of the cheapest gas in the tristate area.
Yea, it's just 'everything else" that's freakin sky high here..

Old 03-04-2009 | 06:06 PM
willie37
Cruiser
Smile

We have the cheapest gas on the west coast and we don't like getting out in the cold and pumping our own gas so the self service bill is always voted down. I have lived in Oregon all my life and in 50 years of riding i don't remember any gas attendent not handing me the gas nozzle. I don't think Jersey would be much different. No one wants a biker going nuts over a few drips of gas being splashed on his bike. LOL

Old 03-04-2009 | 06:15 PM
peddler
Club Member

I live in PA, about 15 minutes from NJ. Been riding thru NJ for 20 years and have never had anyone pump gas into my motorcycle. The attendants don't mind you doing their job for them. As a PA resident I can drive to NJ and have an attendant fill my car up for approximately $.20 per gallon less than I can fill my tank up myself for in PA. Go figure!

Old 03-04-2009 | 07:16 PM
Bago
Advanced

No sweat in New Jersey, the attendant will hand you the nozzle.Been there plenty of times.

Quick Reply: Question about riding thru New Jersey and not being able to pump your own gas....