Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confession time

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Confession time

My wife complains about extras all the time. This is why I haven’t added much. I have a good paying job, but so does she. I could want a $40 trim ring and she complains. It doesn’t matter that we can afford it. It’s just that since I want it she doesn’t want me to have it. I just don’t understand!

It’s not a matter of having *****, it’s a matter of keeping the peace, so I buy a little at a time and install it all at once.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Considering the comments above and the fact that we live in an age where most women don't only keep the household in order and raise a family (which is usually a full time job on it's own, and most often completely lacking a monetary value), but often work outside the home...

Just a question: Just how high does a woman's bringhome pay have to be in order to have a say with what you do with the finances of that household? At what point does it become "Our" money?

Please clarify.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Howler
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What works for me, and I have been married these last 28 years....hmm might be 29 now that I think about it [sm=smiley24.gif]

anyway, what works for me is I wander around the house with my head hung low, deep in thought you know[sm=confused06.gif] and when she ask's what's bothering me I tell her.....

oh nouthing really, it's just I need this part for the bike and everywhere I look thier trying to rob me, I know there is no way it can cost this much, but I have been looking for a couple of weeks now and in mho its way to costly...

then I let that stew in her mind for a couple of days still doing the heavy thinking bit you know...

then I give her the hey guess what, I found the part I want/need at such and such a place and it's on sale (dosn't have to be on sale, never told her how much it cost to begin with you see) anyway the sale is over tommorow so I have to make a decision right away.

well just to get me out of my funk the little lady say's so what are you waiting for if you can get on sale and save some money you should get moveing..

after entering credit card info and pushing the send key it's amazing how the sun comes out and the sky is so blue in my world, and all the kisses and hugg's she get's for being so smart and decisive...[sm=love.gif]

[sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif] Lee

Old 04-26-2006, 01:04 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to share the method MY hubby depends on.... He says they're "Safety Speed Parts". You know, so he can speed up and pass safely, to get outta the way of those nasty cagers.

We have a cordial understanding about the shiney parts. He works hard (as so do I) and as long as we can keep priorities in check, he's free to spend pretty much what he thinks he can afford ... as do I. I don't think we have ever come to the point where a decision needs to be made whether it will be groceries this week or a new headlight ring. We have been pretty realistic.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Pat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My better half does not mind at all, it's cheaper than girlfriends, new pickups, old ragtops, trips to Nepal...