Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corbin solo fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
cannedham1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corbin solo fit

Hey does anyone know for fact if a corbin solo seat (model#hd-rfk-4-cus) will fit on a 07 Road King custom and a Road King 06 standard. I have the rk custom and another forum member with the rk standard is interested in buying my corbin seat. Corbin says they cant be interchanged due to frame differences. Are they correct. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was buying a Corbin for my 04 RK Custom, I was going to buy a used one from a RK Classic (same frame as the Standard). The guys at Corbin said that it would not fit due to the way the tongue on the seat slips into the frame (different frame design under the seat) and also because of the two different types of dashes on the Custom and Classic (and Standard) - the Custom's dash goes all the way to the end of the tank, the Classic's (and Standard's) stops a couple inches shy of the end.

Unless something has changed since 2004, my guess is that it won't fit. I'd call Corbin to be sure.

PS - I see that you've already spoken with Corbin. I'd trust them. That's the only thing about the Custom - - - RK Classic and Standard parts are not interchangeable with the Custom when it comes to the nacelle, dash, and seat.

Last edited by TheBlackBastard; 03-04-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: PS
Old 03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I have an 04 RK custom seat on my 06 EG standard.It fits the frame,but I had to buy the spacer for the tank console.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,359 Likes on 2,537 Posts

Originally Posted by cannedham1
Hey does anyone know for fact if a corbin solo seat (model#hd-rfk-4-cus) will fit on a 07 Road King custom and a Road King 06 standard. I have the rk custom and another forum member with the rk standard is interested in buying my corbin seat. Corbin says they cant be interchanged due to frame differences. Are they correct. Thanks.
the seat will fit, but the nose of the seat will leave a big gap between it and the end of the dash.

i had bought a hollywood solo from a guy that had it on a road king standard and when he shipped it, he had fabricated a leather extension for the nose of the seat to fit his bike. i had to pull that off.

if you know anyone who has a road king standard, test fit it on his bike before you sell it..... or at least give the buyer the option of returning it if it doesn't fit right.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would listen to the pros at Corbin on this one. I am sure this question has come up more than a few times in the past for them.