Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D COAST to COAST TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even as hot as she was it was an hour long comercial....very disappointed...i think they should have increased the show over a 3-4 shows (mini series) and featured more americana, points of interests, featured the routes more...It was a show to sell bikes...i got that...but i was hoping for a little more....

Old 03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Seener84
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was bummed, thought it was gonna be real informative and make me feel all warm and fuzzy about buying the 09, instead it was mostly a 1 hr sales program for mostly motorclothes. Oh well.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

I thought Speed only covered NASCAR. I'll have to check out the show, if it runs again.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:26 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

Speed vision covers everything to do with motor sports....even had my mustang on it once long ago...muscle car show and it was in the opening scene...still pretty cool...but they cover bikes also...good bikes shows...

Old 03-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Open Road
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and a couple of road dogs did an ocean to ocean ride about three years ago. We shipped our bikes to the Atlanta dealership from Calif. and we flew in. Got on the bikes, some friends met us there and led us to Myrtle Beach (he has a condo right on the ocean).

We took our obligatory picture there at the ocean. We left there and using my new Garmin Streetpilot 2730 (with XM) we stopped by the Biltmore Mansion, did Tail of the Dragon, Wheels Through Time Museum before going on to Chattanooga.

We toured Rock City and Ruby Falls before going on over to the Jack Daniels distillery and on into Memphis where we visited Sun Records, Graceland, Beal Street, the river boat that was docked and a few other places.

We passed through places like Dodge City, Kansas (wasn't impressed), the Yellow Brick Road and other places (just can't remember them all) before arriving in Colorado where we spent three more days running all over the state. Finally, Hwy. 50 (advertised as The Lonieliest Road In America) on home to Nor Cal.

Using the GPS we were able to stay off of the interstates and do all two lane roads for about 95% of it. We spent 15 days and had a great time!

I suggest everybody who owns a touring model do something similar. If you can't do the whole country, do as far as your vacation time allows. You'll get hooked on touring.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
coolmac
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the mini series idea.
Lets make suggestions to the Travel Channel.
The Speed Channel slowed down on bike shows.
Bike racing only.

The Speed Channel's, Bull Run is running through some great country,
but with to much drama.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
HogFather
Road Captain

I think all agree Nat was a huge hit, but as far as the rest of it. Not impressed at all.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,316 Posts

I thought it was pretty lame. Next time lets take a detour to a wet t shirt contest and enter the little blonde.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:00 AM
wulffe
Tourer

Next showing on Speed:

3/14 at 3:00 Eastern

Had to enter it as Harley Davidson ... not HD ... to find it on my DVR

Old 03-06-2009, 11:10 AM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like this will air again this Saturdayat 3:00 EST.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/harl...oast-to-coast/

For all the bashing this show has received on this forum, if it motivated some folks to buy a bike and help HD stay in business, and enjoy what we love, then so be it.

Ride on!

Quick Reply: H-D COAST to COAST TV