Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Siren II / Pager / Any one tried?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Rostie
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Siren II / Pager / Any one tried?

Thinking of installing the Smart Siren II and buying a Pager on my 08 Ultra, that came with the factory security system. Has anyone installed this and tried it out? How hard was the installation and how well does the unit work?

Thanks!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed these on my bike a couple of years ago. They work great and really like them. The range of the pager isn't great, but good enough if you're at a motel and your bike is close by. I think the range is about 1/2 mile. Also very easy to install.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have them both on my bike. I never use the pager anymore. I guess I got lazy.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:37 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

I just ordered the stuff yesterday to have these installed on my RKC that came with security. I've heard lots of great things about them.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
FLHTim
Cruiser

On my 08 you cannot adjust the sensitivy of the security unit. I had several items stolen awhile back including removal of 1 mirror. Having the siren is nice but the bike can be bumped real hard before the unit goes off. It seems that 08 and on the adjustment feature using the handlebar switches is gone.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not difficult to install - plug & play. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully when velcroing the antenna onto the frame. I've never had the pager signal me someone was messing with my bike but that is probably because noone has yet. Having the pager just gives me peace of mind that if I happen to be somewhere that I couldn't hear the siren, I would be alerted. I would suspect the siren would disuade most people messing with your bike. As previously mentioned, the biggest knock on the security system is that you can no longer adjust the sensitivity - sometimes I would like it set to activate if a mouse farted nearby.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
BTrain
Novice

I have it on my 07 Train, and I love it. I do not always carry the pager (not much in the parking lot at work for me). Pager range is acceptable, and it is not difficult to use.

Installation on a Softail was not bad at all. Not sure how it would be on other models.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Installed both about a week ago very easy and the instructions suck, install is easy. On the 09 model where the alarm goes its a very tight fit, took me a few tries I did not want to break the tabs off. Install took less than 2 minutes once I convinced myself that the alarm really did fit in the space.

Like said it will take more than a bumb or a jostle to make it go off, great you get no false alarms. Bad though you could go through the bags, maybe even remove them without setting it off.

BTW there is no chirpless mode at least I have not found anyone who can get it work for the Smart Siren II.

Here is link of one of the Forum Members install.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...it-w-pics.html

Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Is this a replacement for the Harley Security? I don't care for the idea I always have to keep a FOB witht me.

Beary

Old 03-04-2009, 02:13 PM
confused
Road Captain

Too funny, just talking about this a week ago to a buddy

I know they make two different, pager model that wires in and will provide battery backup if someone cuts your wires

the other model is strickly battery, I think

Does anyone know how long the battery lasts on those type models?

Quick Reply: Smart Siren II / Pager / Any one tried?