Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best bang for sound system buck ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez, more info on this thread than I ever imagined. I can't hardly digest it all. I've got to go to the drawing board, and figure out exactly what I need. Thanks to all for the great input...

Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
AaronOregon
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Star Designs
everyone is making rings now so be carfull with the thinner rings...mine were 1/2 thin to when i first made them I had a problem with the speaker hitting the front of the adapter and having tweeter clearance issues with the adapter being 1/2...I havent found an speaker yet that wouldnt clear the outer fairing with my adapters.... Some 6.5 wont work just because of the way they mount up.... and best of all my rings are now $60 shipped!!!
The 1/2" design is no problem at all! Plenty of room for the speaker to "throw" and opens things up to a broader range of speakers. Ours also have notches in the back so you don't have to "break-off" the little ear-tabs on your fairing to get them to mount flush like others. As far as the tweeter hitting the speaker grill with the 1/2" design, I am running 6-1/2s behind the stock cloth grill cover and it is no issue at all! We've adjusted our price to $50 shipped because our costs are lower than originally thought to be after production.

Aaron

Last edited by AaronOregon; 03-10-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great info thanks

Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Glacier,

I'm with you, I like the HK unit and how it operates with the finger controls. I went with Hogtunes "3 way for the Freeway" setup. Cost is $575

1. This adds an amp that you velcro to the top of your HK unit inside the fairing.
2. Replaces your 4 speakers that you have now.
3. Adds two more speakers in the lower fairing pointing up at you. (good visual at link below)
4. The new added amp drives the front 4 speakers and the HK unit will drive the rear two.

I'm very happy with this setup. I think this is the best bang for the buck (less than a dime).

The link is http://www.hogtunes.com/FLSK.html

Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
hollywoodultra
Tourer

I am more confused now than when I first started looking into all of this, maybe i will just stay with what I have. The more choices the more confussion! Thank you to all that put up this info>

Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

couldn't agree more...

Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
BigFokker
Tourer

.... and best of all my rings are now $60 shipped!!!
Originally Posted by AaronOregon
...We've adjusted our price to $50 shipped because our costs are lower than originally thought to be after production.

Aaron
Hmm...if you guys send the work to a third world country, we could probably see these down to a more reasonable $20...worth a shot...heck it's only been a few weeks since these officially dropped, so it's possible.
Now if only Girl Scout Cookies would come back down to $2.50 a box.....

Got Milk?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 PM
oasis856
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What about riding in groups of 4 or more

Sorry, I Can hear my music fine, IF Bike is off, Bike is on and riding alone or with a honda or two....BUT let the heavy Hogs come out to play, five maybe 10 or more bikes burning up the road......Straight pipes....All I hear is the sweet sound of hogs.....

I guess I'll ride cross country alone and listen to the music?

Ain't life grand

Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Street Star Designs
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BigFokker
Hmm...if you guys send the work to a third world country, we could probably see these down to a more reasonable $20...worth a shot...heck it's only been a few weeks since these officially dropped, so it's possible.
Now if only Girl Scout Cookies would come back down to $2.50 a box.....

Got Milk?
Yeah your right about the third world country comment......but to be perfectly honest i would like to keep as many people employed in OUR COUNTRY.... other than another country.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 PM
BigFokker
Tourer

Yeah your right about the third world country comment......but to be perfectly honest i would like to keep as many people employed in OUR COUNTRY.... other than another country.
Couldn't agree with you more, but my turn to be perfectly honest...my comment was an attempt at humor a poor one, but still an attempt...... except for the Girl Scout cookies...I meant that

Quick Reply: Best bang for sound system buck ??