Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pewter Pearl on an 09 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
KBFATBOY98
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 09 street glide pewter pearl

I just bought an 09SG in Pewter Pearl and love it. I added Blk powder coated front forks and Blk V&H Big Radius pipes to it. It seems to draw a crowd wherever it 's parked.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:09 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
Anyone venture to offer comments on the Pewter Pearl that's being offered on the 09 Street Glide. Any problems with glare coming off the tank. Torn between a Vivid Black and Pewter Pearl...help me out folks.
Funny you ask, I parked my Vivid Black SG next to a Pewter Pearl SG at Home Depot this weekend. Just as I got off my bike, the owner of the Pewter Pearl SG walked up and we had a long discussion comparing each bike side by side. I have to say that if I had to choose again, I might get the Pewter Pearl because it adds just a little bit more of that Bad Boy edge that I think makes the SG so popular. He felt the Vivid Black was more edgy and the only reason he didn't get it was because he couldn't find one at the time.

I will say that a clean Vivid Black bike gets more attention than Pewter Pearl when they are sitting side-by-side. But keeping Vivid Black clean requires twice the time to look presentable. In fact, you have to get Pewter Pearl pretty darn dirty to notice that it is dirty. On the other side, you save $500 with Vivid Black.

Compromise and get the Sunglow Red.

Beary

Last edited by beary; 05-26-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i love my vivid black but there is some sort of chemical that they put in the paint that attracts bugs. anyone else discovered this hidden chemical effect with vivid black? that pewter looks cool. almost like a subdued metal color. nice. hi ho silver, away.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Pewter Pearl is an awesome color. Gorgeous in the sunlight and very easy to keep clean. In fact, I wish HD would offer it for the Ultra Classic cause I'd definitely buy one.
I asked about the 2010 models hoping that it'll be offered next year but unfortunately, it won't. There's gonna be a Vivid Black/Pewter Pearl but not just Pewter Pearl.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
RYEDOGGRACING
Cruiser
Default Pewter Pearl

I love mine it seems the more chrome acc. i put on it the sweeter it looks.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 PM
REVDOGGY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by beary
Funny you ask, I parked my Vivid Black SG next to a Pewter Pearl SG at Home Depot this weekend. Just as I got off my bike, the owner of the Pewter Pearl SG walked up and we had a long discussion comparing each bike side by side. I have to say that if I had to choose again, I might get the Pewter Pearl because it adds just a little bit more of that Bad Boy edge that I think makes the SG so popular. He felt the Vivid Black was more edgy and the only reason he didn't get it was because he couldn't find one at the time.

I will say that a clean Vivid Black bike gets more attention than Pewter Pearl when they are sitting side-by-side. But keeping Vivid Black clean requires twice the time to look presentable. In fact, you have to get Pewter Pearl pretty darn dirty to notice that it is dirty. On the other side, you save $500 with Vivid Black.

Compromise and get the Sunglow Red.

Beary
x2 I do know I'll never get another one I think I should have went with your compromise

Old 08-03-2009, 06:38 PM
ucadam
Cruiser
Default Pewter Pearl Color/Color 4 graphics 2 match

I have a 2009 Street Glide in the Pewter Pearl Color... was thinking of adding some Custom Graphics to the bike... I would like some Opinions here...Please

What color or color's would look Good on this color...! I was thinging of maybe maroon and or even a darker Silver with the maroon...

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Went with the Pewter Pearl on my 09 SG. First non-black bike I have owned. I havent had any noticable glare coming off the tank, but I'm not sure I would do the inner fairing too match. I am thinking I'll paint the inner fairing vivid black at some point.

Attached Thumbnails Pewter Pearl on an 09 FLHX-rightsidea-1.jpg  
Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RKKY
Went with the Pewter Pearl on my 09 SG. First non-black bike I have owned. I havent had any noticable glare coming off the tank, but I'm not sure I would do the inner fairing too match. I am thinking I'll paint the inner fairing vivid black at some point.
I painted mine vivid black with silver metalflake

Attached Thumbnails Pewter Pearl on an 09 FLHX-016.jpg   Pewter Pearl on an 09 FLHX-019.jpg  
Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I painted mine vivid black with silver metalflake
Looks great. I may have to do something similar when i get mine painted.

Quick Reply: Pewter Pearl on an 09 FLHX