Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What Tuner???
SERT
52.00%
PCIII
44.00%
SERT & PCIII
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Need Tuning Help Guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need Tuning Help Guys

My bike is a 06 Streetglide. When I bought my bike it had a V&H 2-1 Pro pipe with a Stage 1 SEAC wtih a SERT. Then I changed the pipes to Bub 7's True duals. Ran so rich it fouled plugs so I bought a PCIII and download a map for Rienhart true duals with Stage 1 SEAC and Stock ECM. Ran better checked plugs but no fuel milage. Now I just installed a SE Heavy Breather made the bike come alive but I still get pop on decell. Now I know I need to do something to adjust for the new changes and for the ECM not being stock.
So from the begining
1. V&H 2-1 Pro pipe, Stage 1 SEAC, SERT
2. Bub 7's True duals, Stage 1 SEAC, SERT
3. Bub 7's True duals, Stage 1 SEAC, SERT, PCIII
4. Bub 7's True duals, SE Heavy Breather, SERT, PCIII
My exhaust and air cleaner setup is the one thats staying on my bike.
Questions
1. Should I pull the PCIII & go get the SERT re dynoed & be done?
2. Should I map the SERT to a Stage 1 setup with duals & re map the PCIII?
3. Can I run both?
4. Should I have the ECM mapped to Stock & pull off the SERT & use the PCIII?
Pro of the SERT
1. Adjust Rev limit
2. Will have it Dynoed for max power
Pro of the PCIII
1. Self tuninug
2. Different set up tunable
I have a laptop. I have all the hadware for both tuners.
Please Help Just got done with mods now it's time to ride

Last edited by Taylorized; 03-02-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
robzuc97
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have either installed on my old carbed bikes so I didn't vote. I have not used a PC so can't say which is better or worse or any difference at all. However, I have used the SERT at MMI and it is phenomenal with all the options to AFR adjustment using VE tables, timing adv & retard, displays, "Digital Tech II"-type readouts to check EFI sensor readings, can turn on or off O2 sensors, etc. too much to list all the capabilities of the SERT. Granted to each his own but if (when) I get a new bike, I will immediately install a SERT as my first upgrade before pipes or AC (we took a stock bike and downloaded for what partner was "gonna buy" for his 09 FXDWG and it ran great after dyno-tweaking: went from 66 HP to 76 with richer AFR plus shut down his O2 as "not needed")!

Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Originally Posted by robzuc97
I don't have either installed on my old carbed bikes so I didn't vote. I have not used a PC so can't say which is better or worse or any difference at all. However, I have used the SERT at MMI and it is phenomenal with all the options to AFR adjustment using VE tables, timing adv & retard, displays, "Digital Tech II"-type readouts to check EFI sensor readings, can turn on or off O2 sensors, etc. too much to list all the capabilities of the SERT. Granted to each his own but if (when) I get a new bike, I will immediately install a SERT as my first upgrade before pipes or AC (we took a stock bike and downloaded for what partner was "gonna buy" for his 09 FXDWG and it ran great after dyno-tweaking: went from 66 HP to 76 with richer AFR plus shut down his O2 as "not needed")!
Thanks. My bike dosen't have 02 sensors.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So, if I've got this right you're running a PCIII along WITH an SERT? If so you're making a lot of problems for yourself. If you have a good dyno tune technician all you need is the SERT. Or you could take your bike back to the dealer and have them return your ECM to stock. THEN add the PCIII and see how it runs. But running one on top of the other leads to a ton of problems. If you go to the tech section of the forum and do a search you'll find more info than you'll ever need plus some helpful hints on finding a tune tech. My personal bike has a PCIII and never ran great until I had it dyno tuned but it also has quite a bit of other mods. Good Luck.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zippers Auto Tune

Old 03-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Originally Posted by bigdoghd
Zippers Auto Tune
Whats that?

Old 03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
So, if I've got this right you're running a PCIII along WITH an SERT? If so you're making a lot of problems for yourself. If you have a good dyno tune technician all you need is the SERT. Or you could take your bike back to the dealer and have them return your ECM to stock. THEN add the PCIII and see how it runs. But running one on top of the other leads to a ton of problems. If you go to the tech section of the forum and do a search you'll find more info than you'll ever need plus some helpful hints on finding a tune tech. My personal bike has a PCIII and never ran great until I had it dyno tuned but it also has quite a bit of other mods. Good Luck.
Yes it's a mess thats why I need Help. Not real confident in my local shop for the dyno tune. I would like to do it myself because a dyno tune is 320.00 or more.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Not sure who you bought the PCI from but if it was Fuelmoto, they WILL help you out!

Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I second the motion for one or the other but not both and id be inclined to flash the ecm back to stock and find someone to tune the pciii. But on the other hand ive heard people say good things about the sert when done bu a good dyno guy .. but both is gonna be nuttin but problems

Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My indy uses noon of the above. He remaps the stock ECM. He says all the info is there, you just have to know how to get out. And he does.

Quick Reply: Need Tuning Help Guys