Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What Tuner???
SERT
52.00%
PCIII
44.00%
SERT & PCIII
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Need Tuning Help Guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2005
My indy uses noon of the above. He remaps the stock ECM. He says all the info is there, you just have to know how to get out. And he does.
Where are you located?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Go to Dr. Dyno's site and see if he is going to be at an event anywhere near you, or if youmight be traveling to an event that he will be at. If so take off the SERT and go have him tune your bike. You will save yourself a lot of headaches, he is probably the best there is. All of the bikes we build over the winter get dynoed by him at Americade. To give you an example a '95 inch EVO EFI with SE HTCC heads and pistons got 101 HP 118 LB torque using a PC III usb and that was Tuned for torque not HP. He consistently gets more HP and torque out of previously "tuned" engines. Hope this helps, if you have any questions please feel free to E-Mail me.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

1. Should I pull the PCIII & go get the SERT re dynoed & be done?
I'm a fan of the PC, but in your case I think you should go with SERT, find a good tuner, and sell the PCIII. The PCIII is detachable and thus can be sold, but SERT is married to your bike and you're stuck with it.

3. Can I run both?
On an open-loop system like yours there really is no inherent problem that I can see with running both SERT and PCIII, except that they are redundant systems. If you use the PCIII with SERT you should find a good PCIII tuner, as a SERT tune would be redundant and the PCIII will override the SERT values. You could do it this way but since a PCIII is a salable item you could recoup some of your tuning costs by selling it.

Pro of the SERT
1. Adjust Rev limit
2. Will have it Dynoed for max power
The PCIII will also adjust the rev limiter if you have fairly recent firmware and software.

Pro of the PCIII
1. Self tuninug
2. Different set up tunable
SERT is also self-tunable, if you mean tunable by the rider. The only truly auto-tune devices on the market (that I know of) are the PCV-AT and T-Max, both wide-band closed-loop controllers.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm selling my PCIII part # 807-511 fits 2002-2006 Touring Models. Everything is there had it on my 06 SG but went back to the SERT. $200.00 to your doorGoing with the SERT. THANKS GUYS

Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you have already purchased the SERT, it is only good for your bike.

The PC can be removed and sold to anyone to use on their bike.

So, what I would do is pull the PC off and sell it. Then find a good tuner who is good with a SERT tune and let him have the bike.

I've used PC's for a while, then went with an Auto-Tune system, and now I'm using a SERT. The bike has never run better then it is now with the SERT.

Also just a side note...................there is no such thing as removing a SERT from the bike since nothing ever goes on the bike when using a SERT. Only thing you could do is to use the SERT to put your ECM back to stock or Stage 1.

Steve

Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
The only truly auto-tune devices on the market (that I know of) are the PCV-AT and T-Max, both wide-band closed-loop controllers.
Daytona Twin-Tec TCFI auto tune system is also available.

Steve