Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

used a "CLAY BAR" on my bike today -- WOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:37 PM
HilllBillly
|
Cruiser
Default used a "CLAY BAR" on my bike today -- WOW

my white ultra had plenty of blemishes and marks on it just from every day riding and many miles...... i even had a little bit of overspray from a yellow road line i musta road through...... my brother-n-law gave me a clay bar from a body shop and i sat around doing my bike today and WOW --- for such a cheap product it did MAGIC.... if you have any marks (not scratches) on your scoot.... or overspray... or anything else you get from riding give it a shot....... I can not get over how much better my bike looks

I wax it all the time... and there were marks i thought were scratches... my bike looks almost new........ after using the clay bar you have to wax it a few times.... but man is it worth it

A+++++++++++

(as far as i know - you can only get it at a professional auto supply shop that supplies paint, etc...)

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:40 PM
Seener84
Tourer

Nice, I clay bared my truck last fall. One heck of a job, but looked brand new like you said. You can pick up Mothers Clay Bar kit at any auto zone or the like.

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:41 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

They should be called a Magic bar lol.. they work wonders and when used properly and waxed with a high quality wax etc. the difference is unreal.

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:44 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:45 PM
hdpearl70
Road Captain

Thanks for the info...I'll have to try it

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:45 PM
HilllBillly
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Badbagger
They should be called a Magic bar lol.. they work wonders and when used properly and waxed with a high quality wax etc. the difference is unreal.
thats funny - but very true-- the entire time i was doing my bike -- i was making my wife come and look at it... and i kept saying this is like magic -- i told her it should have its own infomercial

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:05 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Hillbilly,
The good folks @ Zaino Bros. sell Clay Bar! My buddy uses it on his Porsche 996 Turbo and it definitely helps keep the shine!

Zaino Bros. Clay Bar

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:17 PM
cegusa
Tourer

When you use the clay bar per instructions, it can take a while to do it right. I've been using them for years and found that if I wash the vehicle thoroughly with a good car was soap and rinse well, you can then start using the clay bar while continuing to wet down the surface with plain water. This adds enough lubrication without having to use the detail spray they typically come with. I usually do another quick once over with the soap wash solution, rinse and then dry. I found that doing the clay bar in conjunction with a good wash only added about 20 minutes on my Toyota Tacoma double cab. You can be as sloppy as you need without worrying about a mess if you do the quickie wash at the end. Keep in mind, the clay bar doesn't have an infinite lifespan so keep an eye on it. If it starts to look grimy, toss it and replace.

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:53 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

been using the clay bar for years works great - ride safe

Old 03-01-2009 | 09:10 PM
clap
Road Master

another thing if ya drop it throw it, not good to use if full of dirt

Quick Reply: used a "CLAY BAR" on my bike today -- WOW