Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My thoughts "mufflers"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM
deadbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My thoughts "mufflers"

I'm leaning toward power duals and monster ovals right now.

I like the deep rumble

My question is will the power duals make the monster ovals loader ??

I've heard several clips of monster ovals on stock headers and I think it's still
alittle to quiet for me

Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you listen to my above sound clip???

I have true dual head pipes !!! now I bought these from a guy who thought they were to loud!! WTF With my half helmet on with the soft sides doing 70 mph just a very low rumble, but whn you get on they hav a nice bark!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:31 PM
MACHD03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deadbug
I'm leaning toward power duals and monster ovals right now.

I like the deep rumble

My question is will the power duals make the monster ovals loader ??

I've heard several clips of monster ovals on stock headers and I think it's still
alittle to quiet for me
I haved python true dual head pipes, would have got the mufflers also, but had already put Rush with 2'' baffles. To me, pythons are the best out there, have them on my heritage and put the true duals on the Ultra. Love the one piece heat shield.

Mac

Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 AM
TODDNVAL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just put the power duals header and monster ovals onmy bike last week, they sound great to me. The MO are not that loud riding the bike but they can sure be heard from a long way off, the deep tone carries. The power duals header is a very nice looking piece, and fits great.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TODDNVAL
I just put the power duals header and monster ovals onmy bike last week, they sound great to me. The MO are not that loud riding the bike but they can sure be heard from a long way off, the deep tone carries. The power duals header is a very nice looking piece, and fits great.
Todd did you also consider the Dresser Duals? I am on the fence about the looks of the Power Duals. What is the performance difference versus stock?

Old 03-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ga4boats
Todd did you also consider the Dresser Duals? I am on the fence about the looks of the Power Duals. What is the performance difference versus stock?
I'm trying to decide between the dual dressers and the power duals too.
Would realy like to see a comparison.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 PM
TODDNVAL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I changed cams at the same time so I can't give a power comparisson. I did call VH twice about the dresser duals and they, 2 different people at VH, told me the dresser duals would not add any power over a stock 09 non cat header, and could possibly lose a couple lbs tq down low. They said the power duals header would gain 2-3 lbs tq and 3-4 hp over the stock non cat header. I asked about a 2 into 1 and it's supposed to be released in April, they said that their testing shows it makes about 4-5 lbs tq and 5-6 hp over the stock header with good slip ons. You see alot of companies making big hp/tq claims on their products but you usually don't have one tell you their product is not going to gain you anything other than looks and a little sound difference. I have not normally been a big VH person due to some of their exhaust systems I've had on other bikes but when I talked to them they were very helpful and I feel like they give me real world hp/tq figures, not something impossible to get.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For deep sound and rumble + hp and tq. You can't go round with 2 into 1 Thunderheader. You can get the hole set up for what you pay for the monster ovals.