Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:58 PM
TODDNVAL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Has anyone seen Bright *** Lights tail lights in person?

Hi all, while we were in FL last week we came up behind a guy at a redlight in Orlando and when he hit his brakes the tail light flashed 3 or 4 times so bright I don't see how anyone could not see it in the daytime, I can't imagine how bright it would have been in the dark. I pulled up along side him at another light and asked what kind of tail light he had and it was one by Bright *** Lights that he had bought at a HD dealership right where we were almost at. He led us to the dealership and showed me the display and the brake light has 21 different settings for the flash pattern, they were $200 at the HD shop. I have been hit in the rear in my vehicle and I'm very paraniod on our bike when pulling up to stop lights, especially in busy areas, and I really liked how much this light gets your attention. It was bright enough that I don't think anyone would want to be very close behind you for any ammount of time. Does anyone have one of these, or know of any issues with them, I'm thinking about ordering one. brightasslights.com

Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Seener84
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched the video on the website, Im intrigued, wish it was half the price though.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:18 PM
shagnasty
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are they DOT compliant. With all the fuss over exhaust noise, I'm sure this is something to give the cagers another avenue of complaints.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Not saying that the lights dont help but here is some food for thought before you spend your wad. Ive been an engineer (driver) for the Charlotte Fire Dept. for 5 years and a 15 veteran and can not count how many of our fire trucks that have been hit from behind, in the side whatever by drivers even though the emergency lights and flood lights were on day or night. point being, it may help but the only real security is watching your mirrors vigantly and keeping the bike in gear. every situation is different, but no matter how bright or how many lights you have is no fail safe for being aware or you everone around you. ride safe.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 PM
TODDNVAL
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Not saying that the lights dont help but here is some food for thought before you spend your wad. Ive been an engineer (driver) for the Charlotte Fire Dept. for 5 years and a 15 veteran and can not count how many of our fire trucks that have been hit from behind, in the side whatever by drivers even though the emergency lights and flood lights were on day or night. point being, it may help but the only real security is watching your mirrors vigantly and keeping the bike in gear. every situation is different, but no matter how bright or how many lights you have is no fail safe for being aware or you everone around you. ride safe.
I agree that there are just some drivers, not just cagers, that are in their own little world and they won't see you no matter what. I do believe that the brightness of this light would get most, not all peoples attention after seeing it in person. I have seen and ride with people with upgraded flashing tail lights and I have never really thought they were that much better than stock, but when I saw this light I was blown away with how bright it was. Their website says that the light has some settings that are compliant with state laws but some of the setting might be illeagal depending on where you live. I watched the video myself and it is not even close to seeing it in person, it almost hurt my eyes after a couple of red lights behind it.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Seener84
Tourer

Wonder if this would **** off your buddies riding behind though, that might be a downside of it.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

here is another thing to think about. start looking at the back of emergency vehicles and you will see the trend going to yellow lights on the back because research is showing that red or blue especially attracts drunk or intoxicated people toward the light instead of diverting them. the consistant pulsating red light grabs and holds there attention and brings them toward you. in fact the knew thing in NC is the Cheveron reflective striping which is yellow which is already on NC state troopers new cars and coming standard on all our new fire apparatus. I will put the HD led rear read tail light on my UC put i will not put the strobe or extra crazy bright lights. but thats just me.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered BAL-1 light. I have the light but I haven’t put it own yet. The company has excellent customer service. I probably had a half dozen email exchanges with them and also talked to them on the phone. There are a lot of junk LED lights on the market. My bike has one of them (Cycle Visions Eliminator). It was on my bike when I bought it and it’s awful. It can’t be seen at all in direct sunlight. I was considering the Kuryakyn LED system but a friend of mine has it and I’m not too impressed with it. I shopped around and discovered Bright *** Lights. The light in the video on their site is the BAL-2. It costs $400.00. I wanted the brightest tail light I could get. My uncle was rear-ended on his bike and was seriously injured so I want something that will definitely get the attention of people behind me. After corresponding with the people at B.A.L. they convinced me that their $199.00 light will more than suit my needs. I was impressed by that because they could have pushed their more expensive light but they were more interested in selling me the right light to suit my needs. A few days after I received the light they sent me an email asking if I had any questions and if I was satisfied with the purchase. Again, awesome customer service. My bike is stored in a shed. The first nice day the Cycle Visions Eliminator light is coming off my bike and the B.A.L. light is going on. I can follow up in this thread with my opinion of the light once it's on my bike.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take My chances with the BAL for one simple reason. It's Bright...it'll draw the attention of a driver to My rear. that thing will freakin' blind ya from behind! I saw it first in the forums...then on the website...saw it in person here in Daytona! OMG...it's a show stopper.

As far as studies...Studies also show that breathing is no longer safe...regardless if ya smoke or not! So...since I have to breathe..well...I'm gonna protect My ear end...the odds of me getting hit are high in a traffic scenario anyway...so why not use all I can get to draw peoples attention to me???

Let's face it...when the Big Ranger in the Sky says it's your time...it's your time...SIMPLE!

Ride safe! Mike

Old 03-01-2009, 07:27 AM
TODDNVAL
Tourer

I may be wrong, but I think the BAL is going to be a big hit once people start seeing them in person, they are amazingly bright. Someone mentioned pissing your buddies off riding behind you, they guy I talked to said his buddies usually wanted him to ride in the rear because it was so bright. I followed him for probably 10-15 miles coming into Orlando in alot of stoplights and it didn't bother me, but you could sure see it.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?