Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
hyfly1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a photo of my buddy and me in the rain. He has a stock taillight, I have the BAL-1. People tell me they thought I was riding my brake, until I stepped on the brake. Some of the modes are DOT compliant. It is a simple installation. The unit is expensive, but I have ridden with it for two seasons, approximately 10,000 miles, with no hassles. I am glad I bought mine.

Attached Thumbnails Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?-bal1.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain
Default Love

Love my BAL! Had it awhile now. Smoked lens and fast flash before going solid. Helps keep away tail-gaters as well.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:14 PM
randytro
Banned

Last edited by randytro; 07-19-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

I've had one for a little over a year now and gotten nothing but compliments on it and how well you can see it.Some of the modes and brightness levels are not DOT compliant, but there are plenty that are. None of the guys I ride with have complained about it, but we all have BALs or Pnaceas on our bikes.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:34 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got to see one at a dealer this afternoon - 2 of the H-D dealerships here carry them. Bright is an understatement! I'd like to have one.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:47 AM
bucket772
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rklew
Here you go. I love it and it sure is bright.
I'm digging the smoked laydown light. Looks like it follows the curve nicely. And I guess "very south jersey" puts you in Cape May somewhere? Of course North Jersey to me is Trenton so I guess its all relative. I'm around exit 38 off the AC Expressway

Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 AM
rklew
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bucket772
I'm digging the smoked laydown light. Looks like it follows the curve nicely. And I guess "very south jersey" puts you in Cape May somewhere? Of course North Jersey to me is Trenton so I guess its all relative. I'm around exit 38 off the AC Expressway
Yep, the light does follow the fender curve perfect.
BTW, Exit 10 Garden State Parkway, Cape May is Exit 0.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain
Default No...

Originally Posted by randytro
My concern is that the BAL will be so bright that it renders the signals that I have useless. I have the smoked red LED in the back
No worries. Mine work well with my smoked.

The Ball gets noticed sure enough, I get a lot of comments on it, but it is no where near bright enough on the highest settings to drown out your other lights. They are LEDs not search lights. I think you have the wrong impression on how bright they are. If you have seen the short video on the web site, then you are misled, they do not blind you from down the roadway like that, but they are brighter than stock and they flash, they get notice much more than your stock light does, too bright or overly bright they are not.[/QUOTE]

Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Tyber
Stage I

I own one of these for my 08 FLHX. I highly recommend this light. There are 3 levels of brightness for those concerned about being compliant with DOT regulations. There are also many different strobe and flash patterns. All are changeable with the use of a particularly strong magnet (included). For those concerned about the price, that's a stupid reason not to make this purchase. You own avery expensive piece of fine machinery. If it saves you from being struck from behind one time, it is worth it's weight in gold. Do not listen to those apprehensive because of price. The safety factor is way beyond that. Not to mention the "cool" factor it brings as well. If I'm in front of you at a red-light, and you say "wow, that light is bright and the flashing is very annoying", thanks for noticing. My $200 was well spent.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the BAL-1 and the run, stop, turn module on my bike. I ordered the Brightasslight the day before I took delivery of my bike. I knew a guy who got rear ended and it killed him and the girl he had riding with him.

I want the back of my bike to light up like a jedi light saber. The brightasslight does a pretty good job of doing just that.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?