Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:17 PM
pinballparker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any of the forum vendors selling the BAL 1
or order direct from brightass

Old 08-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lights look good, might be my next purchase. Until then, when sitting at a stop light, I rev my engine a bit if I see someone in my rear view mirror and keep my front tire pointed to the escape route.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:05 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i installed the bal on my 08 streetglide. i have it set at the brightest setting for the taillight, and the brightest and constant fast flashing for the brake light. it borders on being annoying to those who are behind me. that's the point though for me. if it gets the attention of a 23 year old behind me who's more interested in texting than driving, i feel it improves my chances of not getting ran in to.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default bal 1 or 2

Originally Posted by jberg
The police version with the 12 LEDs is way overkill. The 4 LED type is the one that almost all of us have and are getting all the reactions from people. Not sure of the item numbers anymore but some of the BAL 1 or 2 or 3 numbers refer to license plate above, smoked, laydown etc. The cop ones are $400 and are totally unnecessary.

This is my question exactly.....

Has anyone see this Bal 2 cop version now released to regular folk for sale?
12 LED's vs 4 ?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 PM
richards6402
Advanced
Default Love My Bright ***!!

I purchased my Bright *** lights this past spring on sale (St. Patty's Day/17% off) and put it on myself (plugs right in). I love the brightness and the strobe it displays. It offers about 10-15 different displays. One lady told me at a stop light there is something wrong with my taillight because it flashes off and one, etc.!!!! I told her that is so you see me and she told me that it really works!! Pricey but if it helps prevents someone from hitting me it is worth it.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Mtn
Advanced

I tryed to order BAL online from Canada and it was painful. Finally call them only to find out they won't ship to Canada wtf. They refrerred me to a HD dealer down east that ships to Canada. That was 2 months ago and I havent heard a thing. I will end up getting my tail light from Billet Boys .

Mtn

Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 PM
IFLYNAVY
Intermediate

How do they compare to the new HD LED's (no strobe effect for HD)? I have the smoked LED's on my front signals and they are very bright.

Last edited by IFLYNAVY; 10-20-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtn
I tryed to order BAL online from Canada and it was painful. Finally call them only to find out they won't ship to Canada wtf. They refrerred me to a HD dealer down east that ships to Canada. That was 2 months ago and I havent heard a thing. I will end up getting my tail light from Billet Boys .

Mtn

I'd highly recommend not getting the Billet Boys tail. My local dealer carried them before carrying BrighAssLights. The parts mgr said they had several come in that the quality was downright bad. One was even falling apart when they got it. And they could never get any kind of service to get issues taken care of.

See if you can find a trustworthy forum member to pick you up a BrighAssLight tail and ship it to you. I'd be willing but I am sure you could find someone closer to the border to save a little more on shipping. If not at least go for the Custom Dynamics Street Magic tail.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 AM
mgmonster
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just bought one of these from the Harley dealer in Chattanooga Tn. Put it on in about 10 minutes and I have to say it is the brightest tail light I have seen. Not all of the flashing sequences are DOT approved, but the instructions tell you which are. It may not help but I don't see how it could hurt to be just that much more visible.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 AM
randytro
Banned

Last edited by randytro; 07-19-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?