Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the same thought in mind as to Fire Trucks being hit, I used to own & operate 23 School Busses that were leased to the local school district on a per head transported basis. The smallest of which was a 54 passenger and the largest was a 72 passenger. I can not even begin to count the number of busses I have had people hit. By the way 98 times out of 100 the the bus wins. Often not much more than a scratch or two in the paint and the car/truck would be demolished. These are BIG yellow busses and people still didn't see them! Oh, and they have all kinds of bright and flashy lights regulated by God knows how many different agencies.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Add me to the list of happy customers. Nothing but positive responses from people riding behind me. Cagers do back off quickly. Best $200 I've spent on this bike. Less than 1% of the cost of my Ultra.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 PM
pinballparker
Advanced

Originally Posted by Route66rider
With the same thought in mind as to Fire Trucks being hit, I used to own & operate 23 School Busses that were leased to the local school district on a per head transported basis. The smallest of which was a 54 passenger and the largest was a 72 passenger. I can not even begin to count the number of busses I have had people hit. By the way 98 times out of 100 the the bus wins. Often not much more than a scratch or two in the paint and the car/truck would be demolished. These are BIG yellow busses and people still didn't see them! Oh, and they have all kinds of bright and flashy lights regulated by God knows how many different agencies.
I hear what your saying but by taking this extra precautionary approach could only improve your odds

ride safe

Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 PM
UltraJim
Cruiser

Had mine for 8 months. Mine is set for continuous flash, really gets their attention. Have to agree with the others, cages seem to stop further back and stay back no creeping up.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the BAL-1 for about 2 years now, and it's probably the best mod done to the bike. Cagers pay me healthy respect (wife says it's like a red sun illuminates when she follows me) and stay off my *** and give me a big buffer at red lights now. Other riders pull up next to me and ask what it is and where can they get one.

Yeah, it's $200, but it'll be the best $200 you spend on your bike...

-Dusty

Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Worth 5000 words. . . .

Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

I have riden behind a rider who had one of Bright *** Lights products on his Heritage and they do stand out. One will be going on my RG if it is not totaled after Friday nights run in with a cager.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
+1, if they can hit a huge bright red firetruck, I don't think any amount of lights is going to be 100% effective, better to be alert and have an escape route picked out. JMO.
Better to improve the lighting on the bike (which the BAL-1R on my EG is compared to the stock tail lamp) AND be alert with an escape route.

Just because nothing will be 100% effective, doesn't mean making improvements is not worth doing to improve the survival odds on the road.

Carl

Old 08-27-2010, 04:48 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

been wanting BAL fer a while. these are compatable with the HD installed run-stop-turn right??

Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 AM
FLHP1034ME
Tourer

There was a display for BAL at the shop I frequent. The salesman had me stand back a little. He hit the switch. Wish I would have had my shades on. No question, will have one on the back of the bike before the end of the season.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?