Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ncbeast
It would be nice if they made these in a Smoke Lens but I do not think they would be DOT.

They do.

BAL-3S
4 Super-LEDŽ SMOKED Lay down Style Tail Light WITHOUT Tag light (ALL Smoke Lens). Multiple attention getting patterns with Steady & Brake-Alert functions. Hardwired input & wireless pattern change standard.

BAL-3ST
4 Super-LEDŽ SMOKED Lay down Style Tail Light WITH Tag light (Smoke Lens with Clear Section). Multiple attention getting patterns with Steady & Brake-Alert functions. Hardwired input & wireless pattern change standard.

If all goes well I will be getting the BAL-3ST soon. I talked to the pm at my local dealer about carrying them. If the deal goes through I will be getting one for free or at a major discount.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 AM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one for the RG (BAL-1), and after driving with it, and watching people literally change lanes to avoid being behind me at traffic lights, everyday, bought another one for the Fat Bob.

Best money you can spend (IMO) to avoid getting rear ended, and it's American made, and warranted for five years, and takes less than five minutes to install.

Now I actually make it a point to not hold the brakes on at traffic lights once everyone has settled down and stopped. No negative comments from anyone, and lots of positive comments from other bikers.

You will be noticed!

Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Dustball
Road Master

I have the BAL-1 installed on my bike, and it's a whole new world in terms of attention getting! It's much brighter than the stock taillight in run mode (three adjustable levels), and it's very noticeable during sunny day riding. Cagers and fellow riders are always stopping me and asking about that "Bright ***" light. They laugh when I tell them that's exactly what it is. In brake mode there are 20 some-odd patterns you can select to suit your taste. I use the 5 rapid flashes-long-5 flashes-steady pattern and am extremely pleased in it's effect. I've never had cages back off like they do now.

At $200 they're certainly not giving them away, but from my experience it's worth every nickel I paid...

FYI - The videos don't do this light justice.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Stevenml155
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I retrofitted the HD running light kit ($50) on my -09 FLHT - turns your rear lights into full time running lights and the entire tree (brake light and rear turn signals) all light up when you apply the brakes. Wife said it makes the bike super visible from behind with the running lights and all three light up to brake. Just an idea that doesn't cost much and takes all of 10 minutes to put on.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:02 AM
lviguy
Cruiser

Had that mod on my bike, too. Red lenses replacing the ambers made the turn signals less obvious, which can be a problem. Amber turn signals are used for a reason.

I ran for a week or so with the BAL-1 and the HD mod, worked fine together.

I've removed the HD mod, the BAL-1 is far superior and makes the HD mod unnecessary. Now my turn signals are amber again and the BAL-1 handles alerting those behind me that I'm on the brakes.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
aeronautic1
Cruiser
Cool Installed

Installed my BAL 1 last night. Took it out today for a road test. As previously reported, cagers now stop at least a half car length further behind than they normally do. Too cool!!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 PM
roneill1
Stage II
Smile Happy Consumer!

I was just on a road trip and saw the Bal-1 abd bought it. I am really pleased and recommend it to anyone who wants to increase their visibility. It seems like excellent quality and was plug and play. Two screws and you're in.

Happy Consumer, I refuse to participate in the recession.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When I got my RK in April this was the first modification that I made. I have had no issues with it all and I definitely notice a difference when someone is behind me and I tap my brakes. People definitely react to the BAL. There are only 3 settings that are DOT approved, the rest of the settings are for parade use. After spending $20K for a bike I sure as hell am not going to quibble about $200 for a modification that could have a major positive impact on my safety.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ncbeast
It would be nice if they made these in a Smoke Lens but I do not think they would be DOT.
They definitely do. My buddy has one on his blue Fat Boy. It looks great, the laid down style really looks sharp with the fender contour.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:05 PM
ronn39
Road Master

Some years ago I put the Radiantz 136 LED mod on my Sportster, and it's a real attention getter. I recently came home with the new RGU, and because the local HD dealer had the brightasslights in stock, I went ahead with it as the first mod. Installation can't be any easier. THe programable stuff using the magnet is unique, but I chose the bright 3-flash-steady. Yeah, they work.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?