Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
gmurdock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one the day I bought my Street Glide in Dec. I love it looks like it is suppose to be there. They get your attention. I have been asked by other bikers & cagers where I got it at & the name of it. 1 young guy wanted to know so bad he followed me for a couple of miles so he could buy one for his dad's HD. When I told him how much he even thought it was worth it. Have a guy at work that told me he can see it 1/2 mile in front of him. Anything to get the people behind me attention I am for it. I noiw have the BrightAss brake light, The run,turn,Brake light, & just bought the Run Brake for in the fender. Will install it after bike week.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Not saying that the lights dont help but here is some food for thought before you spend your wad. Ive been an engineer (driver) for the Charlotte Fire Dept. for 5 years and a 15 veteran and can not count how many of our fire trucks that have been hit from behind, in the side whatever by drivers even though the emergency lights and flood lights were on day or night. point being, it may help but the only real security is watching your mirrors vigantly and keeping the bike in gear. every situation is different, but no matter how bright or how many lights you have is no fail safe for being aware or you everone around you. ride safe.
+1, if they can hit a huge bright red firetruck, I don't think any amount of lights is going to be 100% effective, better to be alert and have an escape route picked out. JMO.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe brighter lights help. I think when it flashed a few times first it helps to get attention. Drunks tend to drive towards what they are looking at, including lights. I think the problem is drivers period. They are too busy doing other things other then driving. Taliing, texting, make up, whatever. It has gotten worse in the past few years.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
DocBo
Stage II
Default Brightass lights

I have had these lights on for over 6 months. I live near the factory and found them early on . I have noticed that MANY MANY cars keep a distance from me at the traffic light. So much so, that I now watch my rear view mirror for approaching cars at a light, then tap my brakes. They stop and stay away. I have use my brake lites 4 idiots tailgating me. THEY BACK OFF. At nite, no way they can miss U. Several buddies have this too and Love it. I sounds like I work 4 the company but I don't, but Several of my friends swear by it. I do feel this is one great safety add on 4 any bike. I have not seen any brake lights that are close in brightness except 4 emergency vehicles. Service IS EXCELLENT.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 AM
shootdr
Cruiser

I have one on my bike, and every time someone new rides behind me they say how much it catches their attention. I've also notice since I put it on cages have tend to back of my backside. Don't seem to get as much tailgating. If there is someone a little to close to me I just give the toe tap they start backing off. So take it for what it is worth, that is my review.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
lviguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gunner11
+1, if they can hit a huge bright red firetruck, I don't think any amount of lights is going to be 100% effective, better to be alert and have an escape route picked out. JMO.
The choices you cite are NOT mutually exclusive.

I've had the BAL-1 on my bike for the last 1000 mi, the comments I get are just what I was looking for -- they see me. Folks that have ridden behind me say they are BRIGHT, but are not complaining.

Plug and play install, took less than 5 minutes. Well made, good service on my order.

Just because I have upgraded brake lights and a headlight modulator doesn't mean relaxed vigilance on the ride. But I choose to improve my odds.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Rick14221
Tourer

I have the BAL also. Very bright and worth every penny. I also installed a headlight modulator

Old 05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

It would be nice if they made these in a Smoke Lens but I do not think they would be DOT.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:52 PM
aeronautic1
Cruiser
Default Just installed mine.

Took all of 5 minutes to install. I wish everything else on my scoot was as easy to mount as the brightasslight.

5 year warranty - excellent customer support - ease of installation.

The photo does not show how bright it is. I thought it was going to burn a hole in the back of my shop!!

Attached Thumbnails Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?-brightasslight-002.jpg   Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?-brightasslight-003.jpg   Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?-brightasslight-004.jpg   Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?-brightasslight-005.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:45 PM
artt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought and installed a BAL-1 two weeks ago. Two screws and a plug, out with the old. Plug and two screws with new gasket(included) in with the new.

I'm thinking that on average people sit about 10 feet further back than before I changed it. I love it.

I originally was going to buy a BAL-2 because it was significantly brighter but I was concerned how it was going to impact the other members of my club on a club ride.

No complaints from anyone and many comments (positive) on the lights.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?