Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 AM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I made this video to showcase Motolights that I installed but you can see the Bal brake light too.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No other changes

Originally Posted by just plain john
The dealer said poor side visibility. Now that you have one, what do you say about it? Did you change out the turns too?
The only other changes was to add the run brake light/turn signal module when I changed out those stock yellow rear turn signals lens and added red lens to the back.

And yes as quoted from the dealer person..."Poor Side Lighting Visibility". But again...there was no hesitation to sell me 400 bucks worth of LED lighting. And the other great part was this dealer was listed as a distributor for Bright *** Lights that is why I went to them locally, I figured they might have them in stock..Nope! Go figure?

Its not so much the side lighting during daytime...When that rear brake light goes on and viewed from"behind" even in the bright Cali sun it's seen and the strobe(s) acts as an additional warning to cagers. It grabs their attention and that's what I want...And that's what I see in my mirrors, people tend to slow down quicker and some are not as quick to ride my a$$ as often.

At night there's no side visibility problem unless you can't see out one eye and the other one is blind...Its bright but not to the point of overbearing. You can step it up or down with the intensity of brightness you want and change the strobe effects...or for that matter no strobes at all, just on solid and bright.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:18 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aeronautic1
Took all of 5 minutes to install. I wish everything else on my scoot was as easy to mount as the brightasslight.

5 year warranty - excellent customer support - ease of installation.

The photo does not show how bright it is. I thought it was going to burn a hole in the back of my shop!!
I was expecting more. My Custom Dynamics triple play lights all of my rear lights (and I have added a few, all MoCo OEM) like this and has the adjustable flash patterns.

Thanks for the pix

Last edited by VTL nut; 12-21-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:58 PM
tmjdds
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAL-2 for 2 years and love it

I had a BAL-1 and liked it a lot. I switched to A BAL-2. I took some comparison photos. Stock Harley light vs BAL-1 vs BAL-2. Look at post #174 and click on the photo. I showed the difference as a running light, the highest setting for running on the BAL-1 vs BAL-2 and lastly the 3 of them with the brake applied. If you have the cash, BAL-2 is the way to go. I have ridden behind my bike and it was not annoying to me. The only way I could imagine it getting that way is riding in complete darkness and having to use the brake a lot. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this light.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:08 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Of the 21 differant patterns....it allows for you to select brighter/dimmer....fast/slow......flash/steady......flash constant...You can pretty much
adapt it to what you want....mine FLASHS BRIGHT four times....then goes BRIGHT steady.
Sorry if it annoys someone behind me.....lets hope we don't meet by accident.

Chuck the mensh

Old 12-22-2013, 03:47 PM
KiloGolf4
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been a big fan of adding bright flashing LEDs to motorcycles for brake lights for years. My riding buddy picked up a BAL-1 when he bought his Fatboy and I liked it. I finally got a chance to pick up a used BAL-3S off the sales forum for my EGC. Thanks HD_Rebel, it works great!

Old 12-22-2013, 03:56 PM
1sicmofo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TODDNVAL
Hi all, while we were in FL last week we came up behind a guy at a redlight in Orlando and when he hit his brakes the tail light flashed 3 or 4 times so bright I don't see how anyone could not see it in the daytime, I can't imagine how bright it would have been in the dark. I pulled up along side him at another light and asked what kind of tail light he had and it was one by Bright *** Lights that he had bought at a HD dealership right where we were almost at. He led us to the dealership and showed me the display and the brake light has 21 different settings for the flash pattern, they were $200 at the HD shop. I have been hit in the rear in my vehicle and I'm very paraniod on our bike when pulling up to stop lights, especially in busy areas, and I really liked how much this light gets your attention. It was bright enough that I don't think anyone would want to be very close behind you for any ammount of time. Does anyone have one of these, or know of any issues with them, I'm thinking about ordering one. brightasslights.com
I have one on my 12 road king it is BRIGHT and you can set it up several different ways.
At first i had it on a strobe setting and WOW is it BRITE N ANNOYING!!!
They give you a super power magnet to set it up SIMPLE.
BEST MONEY YOUR COULD SPEND ON YOU BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!