Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickRock
Undoubtedly the best light out there. Get security screws or have someone fabricate a pair and special driver. Worth every penny. The only downside which is common with most LED units is that they are super intense when viewed straight on. This intensity diminishes very quickly as you step off to the side. It is still visible but not blinding. But we don't care about bozos running red lights in the next lane over, do we? When this unit set on one of the many available blink modes it still captures attention of anyone behind you at any angle.

BTW I think that unit has lasers instead of LED's. Checkov, we got Clingons approaching at six o'clock, give em a blast of the aft facing photon phasers. Ba-zappo! They'll fall way back, squinting and blinking. Worth every penny to maintain a little comfort zone! By preparing and defending ourselves as best as possible, we will, by default, get a wider window to roll on and enjoy...safely. And at times enjoy a tiny bit of fun rooted in pure vengeance. Just kidding.... No. I'm not. If you go riding with your buds you can just dim it down a few notches. Get one, get noticed, and get respected. This is good old American safety innovation at its best.
THIS is the main reason I went with the BAL-2 light. Problem solved! The BAL-2 is shockingly blinding to the sides and at off-side angles, like when a car is in the lane next to you and one or two car lengths behind. The BAL-2 video online which shows an entire building next to the bike light up like a Christmas tree as the bike drive by is what sold me.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

going to try to find the BAL2 in Canada... Ive seen a bike with such a bright strobe flash but was unable to meet up and ask what kind of tailight it was... how can intensity be programed ? if the Bal2 is that annoying when riding in a group, dont want to be always at the end !!!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:44 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
going to try to find the BAL2 in Canada... Ive seen a bike with such a bright strobe flash but was unable to meet up and ask what kind of tailight it was... how can intensity be programed ? if the Bal2 is that annoying when riding in a group, dont want to be always at the end !!!
The people that ride behind me say they like the bright taillight. I'm the type of ride that only hits the brakes for a reason. My friends like to follow me because it's easy to see.

This is a video I made some time ago of my bike shortly after installing the BAL2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Prg6_3Tj1I

Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Ran across this old thread and it convinced me to buy a BAL-1. Riding in S. FLA I need all the visibility I can get.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Can't go wrong...

Old 12-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Red Light District

Originally Posted by TODDNVAL
Hi all, while we were in FL last week we came up behind a guy at a redlight in Orlando and when he hit his brakes the tail light flashed 3 or 4 times so bright I don't see how anyone could not see it in the daytime, I can't imagine how bright it would have been in the dark. I pulled up along side him at another light and asked what kind of tail light he had and it was one by Bright *** Lights that he had bought at a HD dealership right where we were almost at. He led us to the dealership and showed me the display and the brake light has 21 different settings for the flash pattern, they were $200 at the HD shop. I have been hit in the rear in my vehicle and I'm very paraniod on our bike when pulling up to stop lights, especially in busy areas, and I really liked how much this light gets your attention. It was bright enough that I don't think anyone would want to be very close behind you for any ammount of time. Does anyone have one of these, or know of any issues with them, I'm thinking about ordering one. brightasslights.com
I have one on a 2012 Road King Standard. All I can say is most of the time when I go to brake I can see through my mirrors that peeps take notice for sure and slow down faster, or are not as apt to get any closer on my rear. However, there's always one or two in rush to the next red light or get that 2 or 3 second lead to the next red light. They work both day and night and night is 'mind blowing' Bright!

Easy install, if you can handle a screw driver and understand the settings which is easy then its a fifteen minute or less install. I have the magnet in the side bag for easy strobe changes when I want to change them. Running 3 flashes and then steady for now and again...People do see it.

I had a dealer that said they sold them to but when pressed to buy one they said it had poor side visibility...but they wanted to sell me 400 bucks worth of other lights. I opted to order online instead. They work & good!

Last edited by Biker John; 12-20-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: wording
Old 12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
ultrawing
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a bal on my 2014 ultra limited. Its really bright, You have 3 intensities of tail light and I think 22 or so brake light flash patterns. Buddies I ride with says it is very bright and but not blinding to them. I notice since I have had the light vehicles don't get as close to me at stoplights. In my opinion well worth the money.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Not saying that the lights dont help but here is some food for thought before you spend your wad. Ive been an engineer (driver) for the Charlotte Fire Dept. for 5 years and a 15 veteran and can not count how many of our fire trucks that have been hit from behind, in the side whatever by drivers even though the emergency lights and flood lights were on day or night. point being, it may help but the only real security is watching your mirrors vigantly and keeping the bike in gear. every situation is different, but no matter how bright or how many lights you have is no fail safe for being aware or you everone around you. ride safe.
I agree with this, and staying vigilant about other drivers is one of the things I like about riding, riding takes my complete focus.

Still, I think the brighter light is a great idea.

I think, however, that this gentleman went a little too far...

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/4234455595.html

Old 12-21-2013, 07:21 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Biker John
I have one on a 2012 Road King Standard. All I can say is most of the time when I go to brake I can see through my mirrors that peeps take notice for sure and slow down faster, or are not as apt to get any closer on my rear. However, there's always one or two in rush to the next red light or get that 2 or 3 second lead to the next red light. They work both day and night and night is 'mind blowing' Bright!

Easy install, if you can handle a screw driver and understand the settings which is easy then its a fifteen minute or less install. I have the magnet in the side bag for easy strobe changes when I want to change them. Running 3 flashes and then steady for now and again...People do see it.

I had a dealer that said they sold them to but when pressed to buy one they said it had poor side visibility...but they wanted to sell me 400 bucks worth of other lights. I opted to order online instead. They work & good!
The dealer said poor side visibility. Now that you have one, what do you say about it? Did you change out the turns too?

Old 12-21-2013, 07:54 AM
s.ga.rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if anyone has mentioned hyperlites. I had some on one of my bikes and they work really well and are a lot more affordable.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?