Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Challenger
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one on my EG. I have it set to three quick strobes and then hold on bright.

People do seem to stay back farther and if I am the only one at a stoplight and see someone comming up behind me in the mirror I release the brake and give it a flash which seems to help.

I still get the stray idiot who seems to need to creep up on my *** at a light. If I creep ahead a foot or so and grab the brake and the flash goes off it seems to keep them off my "cushion".

Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 AM
trekez2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitecoyote
I now have my BAL-2 installed, and I absolutely love it.
Only problem is I can't decide what setting to set the break light pattern on. There are so many to choose from.

I have the "running intensity" set at 3 (brightest setting).
The brake pattern set on #6 setting. There are a few others that I really like, but can't decide.

What is your favorite "brake pattern" setting?
I set the brake to the highest setting and run the three flashes then steady.
Are you really a Leo?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
TarzanT
Advanced

Can't say that I've seen one in front of me, but everybody behind me has seen one! The smoke laydown lens (BAL-3S I think) really blends into the Merlot RK - especially with the smoke turn signal lenses.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Bright *** Light

I have the BAL1 on my Scoot. It's a Great Product, and sure helps you be seen from the rear. When used with the Truck Lite 7 Headlite and Passing Lights, you can see me coming and going

Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011_Glide
Is there a light that fits on the '11 Street Glide?
I have read the first 10-12 pages of this thread and didn't see anything other than what Carl posted about the MoCo deleting the rear brake light and using only the turn signals for all of the run/brake/turn.

Does anyone have something like this for Street Glides?

Shane
You could do a fender swap with someone that has 09 Street Glide.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:21 PM
cdroundy
Intermediate

I have a BA1 installed on my limited. It's freaking great! Love that the caggers back off when I flash them the break light. The 3 flashes then solid is how I set it up. Love this product.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 PM
RickRock
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Undoubtedly the best light out there. Get security screws or have someone fabricate a pair and special driver. Worth every penny. The only downside which is common with most LED units is that they are super intense when viewed straight on. This intensity diminishes very quickly as you step off to the side. It is still visible but not blinding. But we don't care about bozos running red lights in the next lane over, do we? When this unit set on one of the many available blink modes it still captures attention of anyone behind you at any angle.

BTW I think that unit has lasers instead of LED's. Checkov, we got Clingons approaching at six o'clock, give em a blast of the aft facing photon phasers. Ba-zappo! They'll fall way back, squinting and blinking. Worth every penny to maintain a little comfort zone! By preparing and defending ourselves as best as possible, we will, by default, get a wider window to roll on and enjoy...safely. And at times enjoy a tiny bit of fun rooted in pure vengeance. Just kidding.... No. I'm not. If you go riding with your buds you can just dim it down a few notches. Get one, get noticed, and get respected. This is good old American safety innovation at its best.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Had a BAL-1 on my Dyna Wide Glide that I just traded in. It was the best mod I did to the bike. The BAL-1 is an awesome light. It's $200 well spent.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:59 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A couple nights ago, I'm out riding with a buddy --- I don't know why, but I felt - generous...? I was pretty sure he'd never ridden a touring model before, but I know he's a good and responsible rider, so I pulled off to the side and said "you wanna give 'er a run for a bit?" and off we went.

I rode his Sporty 1200 Custom... Admittedly, that was pretty fun. But I digress.

Shortly after starting off, I figured he wasn't used to the floorboards and maybe had his toe on the brake pedal - for a mile or so.

Then he actually started braking... Holy crap. All I can say is that I'm glad *I* don't ride behind me. I think I'm going to go ahead and go to the "medium" brightness level. I want to be seen - And I added the turn/brake module and the "wing" (or whatever it's called) on the TourPak - But I don't want to blind the guy behind me... That is one bright-*** light.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup, too bright brake lights are extremely annoying as anyone who has sat behind a Prius knows.... Fwiw, I had BAL on the medium setting and they were still too bright for my friends when following on dark mountain roads. The lowest DOT-legal setting is still far brighter than stock and I just tap the brake lever a couple times when a car is approaching while I'm stopped.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?