Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steveusaf
I've read all 20 pages of this thread and am ready to pull the trigger on the BAL-1. However, with everyone saying how bright it really is, I've got to ask the question: at night, could this be too bright and actually cause a hazardous situation by dazzling/blinding the person behind you (like an oncoming car with high beams on)? During the day I can see it not being as much of an issue.

I like the adjustability of this setup. I'm stationed in the UK right now, and from what I've researched they're not too keen on modulating/flashing lights. It's nice that I can adjust them one way for the UK, then change it up when I get back to the states.
I've been riding with the BAL-2 (which is approx. twice as bright as the standard BAL-1) for about a year now on the brightest setting without any problems or complaints from cars, other motorcycles or police. Everyone seems to understand you gotta do what you gotta do to be seen.
The adaptability of changing patterns is a very nice feature.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
whitecoyote
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

After reading this thread, I ordered a BAL-2. Received it yesterday. Seems very well made.
I have not had a chance to hook it up yet.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:54 PM
trekez2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Bal

I've had my BAL-1 for about six months and think it's great. It is set to flash two times before going solid. Both the tail and brake lights are set brighter then default and I feel it gets attention from those behind me, day and night. Thats a good feeling!

Old 01-04-2012, 06:19 PM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I too have the Bal-1 set for two flashes then solid. It is the best break light I've seen. You can see it clearly from a long way back in the middle of the day not to mention at night. If you want your *** covered get you one of these light. Money well spent.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Glockcubed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trekez2
I've had my BAL-1 for about six months and think it's great. It is set to flash two times before going solid. Both the tail and brake lights are set brighter then default and I feel it gets attention from those behind me, day and night. Thats a good feeling!
Originally Posted by FL-kruzen
I too have the Bal-1 set for two flashes then solid. It is the best break light I've seen. You can see it clearly from a long way back in the middle of the day not to mention at night. If you want your *** covered get you one of these light. Money well spent.
I have the same, two flashes then solid. Gets attention.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:16 AM
whitecoyote
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up Bal-2

Below; Clear shipping plastic is still over red lens.

Will post more pictures when I get it installed.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cp1
They had a display model in the store they are so damn bright it startled me. Not to mention the spots I saw for the next 5 minutes. I would think there is no way in hell you couldn't see them. Maybe too bright?
Hahaha!! I just read this post before going to the Stealer to pick up my Bal1. There was a demo on the floor and like a moth to the flame.... I've been dizzy and sick for the last two hours!!!!
I'm gonna install mine tonight as soon as I could see straight!!

Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I can't imagine how bright the BAL-2 is. The BAL-1 I have already gets plenty of attention. It's amazingly bright.
I guess I can understand why the BAL-2 has people temporarily blind and feeling ill. For anyone with a motorcycle that has only a single light I suggest you get one of these before your next ride.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

DAMMIT, Now you guys have made me spend another $200! LOL

I would like the grey model, but wonder if I will get a ticket in NH for this?
Isn't it illegal to run grey lenses? I just don't need to give the cops another reason to pull me over, and find out that I haven't put on a sticker in years..LOL

Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

double post, that hasn't happened in while..

Last edited by Ragtop; 01-18-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?