Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 AM
ssihogdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BAL-1 on both my Ultra and the Mrs. 1200XLC. They are phenomenal and they get attention! Yeah, the price is steep, but imo WELL worth it. You can see folks back off when that light starts flashing.

The lights have 23 or so combinations and if I remember correctly, only 4 or so are DOT compliant, the rest are called parade duty and not for extended use. Several of the combos are configurable twice: lower intensity and higher intensity of the same configuration. We use a fast flash high intensity followed by steady bright. Seems to be very effective.

We'll take our chances with the DOT compliance stuff, haven't had them sniffing around the brightass light end of our scoots yet...

Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've never seen the BAL's, but I do have hyperlites on the rear of my bike. I have two. They are 16 led's each and very bright. www.hyperlites.com

Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 AM
wbeem
Tourer

My local dealer (Seminole Harley) has the BAL display and I've seen them on some bikes around here. Some of the patterns are a bit silly to me, but I do like the idea of them blinking a few times when you hit the brakes.

I have the Kuryakyn Panecea lights on my Road King Classic. The good news is that people do tend to notice when they blink and they either back off a bit or don't come as close to me. The bad news is that some folks have told me they don't seem very visible during bright daylight.

Another thought with LED lights is that they may not be as visible from a side angle (per my Parts guy at the local dealer). I haven't really noticed any problems with the Kuryakyn and it's about the same price.

Whatever you get, I do believe the strobing pulses helps a bit to get the attention of the car behind you.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:37 AM
The_Nothing_Man
Cruiser

Anyone know how the Brightasslight compare to the Diablo tail light by ride time technology? www.ridetimetechnology.com

Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

If you really want bright, get something like the Whelen TIR3. Made for emergency vehicles with the newest gen of LED's.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

I wanted smoked lens but they didn't have smoked yet. They use 4 big leds and I think they dim after 15-20 seconds at stoplights. I went with Radiantz brand, I bought the 136 LED version but they also have a 48 LED version too. I think anything to get someones attention from behind is good. I think the flashing option is a good idea too. You can press and release the brake if your stopped and a car is come up from behind and maybe help him see you.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you see me now?

Using H-D LED tail lamp, Ride Time fender lamp, Groat Truck lights on bags, and Whelen light bar on King Tour Pack...

Old 03-01-2009, 03:49 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ram
Can you see me now?

Using H-D LED tail lamp, Ride Time fender lamp, Groat Truck lights on bags, and Whelen light bar on King Tour Pack...

If they don't see you, it's probably because they had a seizure when all those lights came on! That looks good!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:17 AM
TODDNVAL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ordered the BAL1 this morning, should have it Wed or Thu and I'll post about the install and how it looks.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
newdep332
Tourer

I have Custom Dynamics LEDs on mine and they are bright as hell even in the direct sunlight. I recommend then highly.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?