Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgnden
+1 Agree 100%. I am very satisfied. If you want to be SURE you are installing the best in this type of thing, just bite the bullet and get the BAL-1.

They'll tell you that many of the settings are for "parade use only" or maybe LEO, but the setting with like 4 VERY fast flashes then solid bright is my choice...does not annoy anyone (can you say "headlamp modulator"), but makes you seen that much better.

I use the same setting, and I think the quick bursts of flashing catch people's attention because it tends to look like an emergency light. Definately needed with today's texting drivers! The price of the BAL is high, but its by far the best light out there, and I'm convinced that it's worth every penny!

As for the headlight modulator, I run one of those too, usually only turning it on when in the city. I could care less if it annoys anyone, because it does the same thing; grabs their attention before they mindlessly pull out in front of me. (I had a taxi turn in front of me 2 years ago & it was CLOSE! I almost dumped it. The driver waved sheepishly & took off)

Actually I had a guy wearing a "lone wolf / no club" patch tell me yesterday that something was wrong with my headlight because it was flashing. haha!

Old 03-20-2011, 05:30 PM
fm58
Tourer
Received 127 Likes on 40 Posts

BAL-1 installed a couple of days ago, works great. Set on DOT 2.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 PM
bzxgdk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bal2

Originally, I did not think the BAL1 would be bright enough so I bought the BAL2R ... I think the BAL1 would have been fine based on all the comments (could have saved a couple hundred $$). The BAL2R is really bright. I have it set on a couple quick flashes and then steady light. Really good.

For the front of the bike I bought the Motolight caliper riding lights (50 watt). On their website they say ... "This triangular light beam makes it easier for on coming traffic to see you during the day and night ... Motolight motorcycle lights also provide you with more illumination at night allowing you to see better, and making you much more visible." I love these lights as everyone says I really stand out when they are approaching me. Here is their website link http://www.motolight.com/motorcycle-lights.

I'll post pics when I pic up the bike for winter storage ... had both lights on all last year, just never got around to taking new pics (I removed the front aux lamps).

Old 03-21-2011, 11:54 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't imaging needing anything brighter than a BAL with 4 LEDs. I had one on my last bike and the new one (BAL-3ST) should be here tomorrow for the new scoot.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:43 PM
upstater
Novice

Picking up my RGU on Friday. I have ordered the BAL-1. Has anyone had to change/upgrade the turn signals on thr RGU? They are mounted seperately below the brake/tail light combo. Harley's website shows amber signals on the photo's and red lens on the 360 view?? Not sure what lens is on mine but wondering if the standard bulb is enough light with the brightass.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:55 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eventually I'll add LEDs for the turn signals, but for now I've just left the four amber incandescent bulbs in - but replaced the lenses with smoked ones. They are bright enough.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Hardcorvette
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up the BAL-3S last weekend. Very well made, easy to install/program and BRIGHT!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM
tmjdds
4th Gear
Default BAL-1 vs BAL-2

I puchased a BAL-1 last summer after reading all of the good things that were posted here. I love the light and friends think it's way cool. Last week, I ordered a Police Issue BAL-2 to replace it. I wish I had a great reason but I don't. I just like buying stuff for my scooter. I will post again if I don't burn my retinas out while setting up the flash sequence.

Last edited by tmjdds; 04-04-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: NA
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
twofish
Road Master

Originally Posted by newdep332
I have Custom Dynamics LEDs on mine and they are bright as hell even in the direct sunlight. I recommend then highly.
+1
Another great option, IMO..
Photo:
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...=Genesis-2.jpg

Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
mrmatw
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, here's the word from two different Law Officers; Both have seen the light at all the settings, all 23. They had this to say, "Use any setting you wish! We know some are not what we call DOT however it's on the back of the bike, not out front, on top or anywhere else that it would be a nuisance to anyone. Anything to enhance your safety is good to us. Of course the parade mode is a little too much." Both agreed that this light just might be the ticket to wake up those Ray Charles syndrome, texting dorks that always say I can't see them. As we all know, each state and area is different, I don't know how your state is or will allow, but mine is cool with the brighter the better! That's where I'm going to keep it. I agree with the security screws, buy them too!
Ride Safe, Ride Hard, and HAVE FUN!
Tom
MN>>>>>>I think spring is near, deer are in the back yard and their heads are above the snow!

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?