Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:22 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
Pargenz,
I'd like to have the "sissy bar" in your Avatar!
Veronica ain't for sissies! She's a great backrest...

Old 02-26-2011, 06:34 PM
dgp575
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new BAL-1 today and installed on my 08 Electra Glide Classic and I am having a problem with my security alarm, it will not re-set with FOB, I can by-pass with manual code but still will not work, replaced light with factory and all worked well, Dealer had me come back and they installed a new BAL-1 and the same results. I have read some Forums with some having the same issue. Any Suggestion?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 PM
mrmatw
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any issues with your security system?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

Originally Posted by dgp575
I bought a new BAL-1 today and installed on my 08 Electra Glide Classic and I am having a problem with my security alarm, it will not re-set with FOB, I can by-pass with manual code but still will not work, replaced light with factory and all worked well, Dealer had me come back and they installed a new BAL-1 and the same results. I have read some Forums with some having the same issue. Any Suggestion?
I have the Badlands load equalizer installed making my rear turn signals function as brake lights.

I installed my BAL1 after the Badlands and have no issues.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
tallj2000
Cruiser

I am looking at getting one of these as my next mod. I do have a concern though. I put the run/brake/turn module on my bike. It worked ok but was unhappy with it. I put the Harley led turn signals on it and am much happier with it. One problem I had though is someone installed a backoff module and when I installed the led turn signals it caused them to blink with the brake light. I did not like that so I removed the backoff module. If I install the BAL-1 taillight will it cause the turn signals to flash like the backoff module did? The leds made it much brighter but I do want to have a flashing middle brake light again. Which is one of the reasons I want the BAL-1.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

I get all of the "it doesn't matter what light you have" theories, cagers are going to hit you regardless. That said, I installed a BAL-1 and it's one of the best mods I've done on my bike. Of course, $$ weren't an issue since it was purchased with a gift card from my in-laws. Also, no issues with installation or security system.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

No TallJ you'll be alright. It won't affect your blinkers.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tallj2000
I am looking at getting one of these as my next mod. I do have a concern though. I put the run/brake/turn module on my bike. It worked ok but was unhappy with it. I put the Harley led turn signals on it and am much happier with it. One problem I had though is someone installed a backoff module and when I installed the led turn signals it caused them to blink with the brake light. I did not like that so I removed the backoff module. If I install the BAL-1 taillight will it cause the turn signals to flash like the backoff module did? The leds made it much brighter but I do want to have a flashing middle brake light again. Which is one of the reasons I want the BAL-1.
Nope, you won't have a problem with the backoff module removed. The BAL will operate based on your setting of the BAL only and won't affect your turn signals at all.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
mrmatw
Cruiser

Gentlemen, Ladies fellow riders:

I have been in contact with Bright *** Lights Company and have indepth conversations with them exclsuively emails as the one I have included below. Here is an excerpt, un edited in their words. (I cut and pasted the entire message) I'm not here to contest or discredit anyone. Neither is BAL, they really wanting to get to the bottom of anyones problem and keep their product working and in the hands of their customers. I have to admit reading some of the posts I was spooked and then I became deterimed to get, fix, buy what ever it took to make this an addition that will enhace the safety for my better half and I. All of us know how goofy cagers can get and put a cell phone in their hand and it's instant stupid. So please read what they have to say, it makes sense and I'm sure if you call, you'll get answers that make sense, and they'll work on a solution with you. Now that say's something about customer service. Please make note, I am a customer, not an employee, I'm not gaining anything by this post other than sharing in the same culture and revelation of wanting to ride safe as I ride. You've heard your grandfather, father and some of you are saying it now. You can't fix it if you don't know what's wrong.

All of our products have been designed & tested for compatibility of the models we specify and the HD branded parts. Because we incorporate special isolating circuitry that will not leak back into the bike, as well as prevents any EMI/RFI (we're the only one with such a spec), sometimes there is an add-on component that is sourcing resistance through the incandescent bulb or perhaps a poor ground on the bike, so these types of issues can surface when the bulb is removed. Out of tens of thousands of BALs, we've only had a small handful of issues with (aftermarket) add-on accessories (specifically trailer connector kits that weren't designed for LEDs) and only one person [just recently] that had an issue with the alarm not disarming, but unfortunately, this customer was extremely vague and would not provide information to us or the dealer when we/they tried to troubleshoot...then purchased a used BAL (from the same dealer),installed it, and it worked fine(?) without finding the root cause. People are quick to post of a problem, but rarely post the resolution.

The only HD compatibility issue that has ever been verified is the 2011 Softail models, which have a completely new BCM system this year and no fuses. This new system constantly monitors current load on all bulbs- if too high, it throws a code- if too low (or on-off-on when brake light flashes) it will throw a code. Both of these codes illuminate the red light & will reset when corrected without dealer intervention. Our light will cause the diagnostic light to flash (on this model only) if it's set on a flashing only pattern (which isn't recommended for normal riding anyway) since the BCM sees current one second, then none the next or it can cause the red key to stay on solid if set in the 3 lower intensity modes (since our light draws less than the current the bike is looking for) -but there is a fix for the Softail now that resolves this altogether.

Hope this shed some light (pun intended). If not reply back or give us a call.

Sincerely,
BAL Customer Service
www.BrightAssLights.com
(386) 246-8737 Office
(866) 364-6690 Toll Free
Hours: M-F 9am to 6pm EST

In closing, I discovered some of my friends had these weird looking screws in the lights. Hmm, guess what? It makes really hard for someone to steal your tail light! $10.00 is cheaper than another $200.00

Come on SPRING!

Last edited by mrmatw; 03-10-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 PM
bigal51
Road Captain
Received 579 Likes on 244 Posts
Talking

I have had BAL for a year now. The only complaint I have is that on a recent vacation to the Smokies, My Sister in law complained (after following me and the wife in her car) the BAL gave her a head-ache and made her follow further behind. Uh ER maybe it's doing it's job?

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?