Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Topcop
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey friends, got one of those Bright A** lights from a good friend for Christmas. WOW that thing really works!!! They need to change the name of it to "Keep em off your a** lights" You can't have too much light on the back of your scooter nowdays with all of those talkers & texters. Just my 2 cents worth. Happy trails....

Old 01-26-2011, 07:11 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

yes, i've seen the bright *** light in person. i got mine a year and a half ago, and it's intense. other makers of led lights like kuryakyn and the harley version are quite lame in comparison. i have mine set on the brightest tail light setting, and the brightest flashing setting for the brake light. i figure if it keeps one idiot 23 year old kid who's busy text messaging from running into me, then it's done the job i bought it for. it looks cool besides.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
yes, i've seen the bright *** light in person. i got mine a year and a half ago, and it's intense. other makers of led lights like kuryakyn and the harley version are quite lame in comparison. i have mine set on the brightest tail light setting, and the brightest flashing setting for the brake light. i figure if it keeps one idiot 23 year old kid who's busy text messaging from running into me, then it's done the job i bought it for. it looks cool besides.
+1 Agree 100%. I am very satisfied. If you want to be SURE you are installing the best in this type of thing, just bite the bullet and get the BAL-1.

They'll tell you that many of the settings are for "parade use only" or maybe LEO, but the setting with like 4 VERY fast flashes then solid bright is my choice...does not annoy anyone (can you say "headlamp modulator"), but makes you seen that much better.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sgnden
+1 Agree 100%. I am very satisfied. If you want to be SURE you are installing the best in this type of thing, just bite the bullet and get the BAL-1.

They'll tell you that many of the settings are for "parade use only" or maybe LEO, but the setting with like 4 VERY fast flashes then solid bright is my choice...does not annoy anyone (can you say "headlamp modulator"), but makes you seen that much better.
Or the BAL3-S. I much prefer the look of the lay-down style with smoked lens.
You just need to be sure you order the right one based on whether you need license plate illumination.

And don't forget to change the stock mounting hardware... or else someone armed with just a phillips screwdriver can make off with your expensive tail light.

By the way, headlight modulators do annoy some people. Just sayin'.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:04 PM
honchodehondo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys so much as ease off the throttle and/or down shift you need to be tapping a break light as well!!! It is a good inexpensive habbit that I have noticed cagers appreciate.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:39 AM
richards6402
Advanced

Want to buy it but would like to know how much. Email me please.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:07 AM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

For a long while been trying to sell the light and all at once everyone wants it. Sorry, it is sold. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, after reading this thread for the last few days, I pulled the trigger on one. As I've seen many people say on here, you can't put a price on safety!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Pargenz,
I'd like to have the "sissy bar" in your Avatar!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Just had a look at their site and DAMN it man, those lights are unreal. If someone doesn't see ya running a BAL, they just are NOT going to see you - PERIOD.

On my to do list and SOON.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?