Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise on 09 street glide.....help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009 | 06:07 PM
toddreber
|
Advanced
Default Cruise on 09 street glide.....help!

I have a vivid black street glide.....went on Zanotti's site and ordered a cruise control. In the directions it says that a harley dealer will need to confirm the ECM recognizes the cruise. Is this BS or does the harley dealer have to install it in the computer.....thanks, todd

Old 02-28-2009 | 06:35 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army

Yuppers. The dealer has to flash it on the puter.

Old 02-28-2009 | 08:55 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

I did the same. Had it installed about 3 months before I got it to the dealer. They"enabled" it for $75.00. Go figure.

Old 02-28-2009 | 09:12 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Kinda glad I have a 06 after all the stories on the 09's. I installed my own cruise. Sorry for your misfortune with the stealership man. 75.00 to turn it on thats way over priced.

Old 02-28-2009 | 09:27 PM
Dark_HD
Novice

Yes, the dealer or someone with digital tech will have to enable the cruise. Takes all of 5 minutes for someone to do. A dealer could do this in the parking lot without any problem, charging any money for this is plain ridiculous.

Old 02-28-2009 | 09:47 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Supporter

I currently ride an 08 FLHRC and am looking to trade on an 09 FLHX. Anyone able to offer some insight as to how they like their Street Glide? Any apparent problems with them as yet? thanks for any info.

Old 02-28-2009 | 09:57 PM
Greezy
5th Gear

I just picked mine up this week. I've only ridden just over 100 miles so far, but I couldn't be happier. I can't stop smiling. It's a great ride.

Old 02-28-2009 | 10:14 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
I currently ride an 08 FLHRC and am looking to trade on an 09 FLHX. Anyone able to offer some insight as to how they like their Street Glide? Any apparent problems with them as yet? thanks for any info.

Just picked ours up on Valentines Day, have not ridden it much due to work and weather. Just got her all finished up and ready to go, all I can say is we like it way better than our 07 Road King Classic and our 03 Fat boy. They did a nice job on the 09...

Take Care & Ride Safe,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails Cruise on 09 street glide.....help!-725228249209_0_bg.jpg  
Old 03-01-2009 | 12:13 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dark_HD
Yes, the dealer or someone with digital tech will have to enable the cruise. Takes all of 5 minutes for someone to do. A dealer could do this in the parking lot without any problem, charging any money for this is plain ridiculous.

Actually it takes less than a minute, and shouldnt be charged for!

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:21 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

The HD listing for the electronic cruise control for '08 and newer bikes is misleading/false since it makes no mention of the need for the ECM flash:

Cruise Control Kit

For long-distance runs, there's nothing better than letting your bike do all the work. This Cruise Control Kit puts you just minutes away from true touring bliss. Simply install the new hand controls and module and you're ready to roll. No splicing into the wiring harness or taking off the tank to install. Kit includes updated switch housings, module and all necessary hardware.

As for the non-selling dealer, an independent business, being expected to flash an ECM for free is unreasonable. I'd tell you to take it to Zanotti's and see if Zanotti's will flash your ECM for free.

Good luck with your project; you will enjoy the cruise control.

Quick Reply: Cruise on 09 street glide.....help!