Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Route 6 - Pennsy Grand Canyon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
pxs130
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a beautiful ride.. you'll enjoy it. I've made the trip twice and had a great time both times... although, my second trip was the first and only time that I rode through snow (first), sleet (second) hail (third), rain (fourth) and bitter cold. Last time I'll do a fall run in northern PA in late October. It was still a good time.
I stayed in a motel not far from the canyon both times. The new owner is a Harley rider, and will sit at the bar with you all night talking bikes and rides. It's definitely not a Marriott or Hilton, but if you're looking for a bed and hot water, it's not bad. I don't remember the name of it, but it's very close to where you'll be. If you need me to get the name, PM me and I will call my friend who will surely remember.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:57 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Go for it !. Been on it so many times. My Linda and I have always made this big loop starting from Rochester, NY and travel either way, Counterclockwise or Clockwise with link to Erie, Pa. or just south of Binghamton, NY.

Be sure to stop at ***'s HD (Open everyday) in Mansfield a few miles off Rt. 6 and Larry's HD (Big store with different brands of bikes besides HD) at Galeton right on Rt. 6. My favorite stop to stretch out and rest on the lawn is in Galeton where they have the little park with small river and something like an old style Air Traffic Controller stand there. Go on Rt. 144 South of Galeton is another awesome scenery road you would want to check out. Also, Wellsboro Diner's a great place to dine in. Pa's Grand Canyon is nice, but small though.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 AM
round550
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Have been there for work some years back,but not on the bike yet.Me and my partner are going to do an eastcoast tour the 1st week in august.Headin up to maine then goin west to the adirondaks for a couple of days,heard it is sweet around LakePlacid.Hit the finger lakes on the way down.Do a day at Pa Grand Canyon,the headin towards my camp in tionesta.CANT WAIT.Seems like everybody is down with the steakhouse in wellsboro.Have a safe ride,maybe catch ya there brother.