Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009 | 08:47 PM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

Well, got the tuner, Ness Big Sucker air cleaner, new bars, etc.

Awhile back I bought the Red Hot Sunglow touch up paint kit. I also bought a couple of the filler plugs that go in the antenna holes on the 09 back fender filler (was where the frame came through the filler panels on the earlier Street Glides).

He used the two part touch up kit and air brushed them. He added a "rubberizer" to the paint and the clear coat. He painted the filler plugs and shot them with a clear coat. They look nice but I wish he'd have shot two or three coats of clear (to match the HD paint job).

However, it looks much better than the stock black rubber filler plugs! You be the judge..........click on these photos a take a gander........

Attached Thumbnails 09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-street-glide-filler-plugs-001.jpg   09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-street-glide-filler-plugs-002_1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2009 | 12:50 AM
King Crimson
Tourer

They look nice. What did you do about the antenna?

Old 04-03-2009 | 10:45 AM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by King Crimson
They look nice. What did you do about the antenna?
On her Street Glide we used the Tune Trapper. On my 04 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide we went with Dakota Digital hidden antenna.

But we both have XM and listen to that more than anything. That antenna sits on top of the raido inside the fairing as well.

Old 04-27-2009 | 03:35 PM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

The first couple of pages have all the photos and the first post of this thread has all the modifications but we finally got it dyno-tuned this weekend.

09 Street Glide with Ness Big Sucker A/C, Python slip-ons, Master Tune tuner.

The torque tops out at 99.48 ft. lb. TQ at 3,900 rpm and the power tops out at 79.41 at 4,700 rpm.

I suspect the power drop off is due to the stock header (with cat in the head pipe....here in Cali) and the slip ons. Probably more due to the cat than anything.

But it's got a gob more seat of the pants power than it had before and she can get arounds cars on an up hill run now, without having to worry about running out of room. She's very happy with it, now.

At some point in the future I'll probably put a performance exhaust on. Just kind of waiting to see what happens with this bill that's in the legislature regarding smog checks for motorcycles before we spend that money.

Attached Thumbnails 09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-terrie-s-dyno-002.jpg  
Old 07-08-2009 | 08:36 PM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Open Road
Yea, right. I haven't ever been "done" with any bike I've ever owned. I keep posting various photos in various threads and decided to get them all in one location for other Street Glide owners.

This bike belongs to my lady.....I ride the Screamin Eagle Electra Glide. It's only a couple months old but, it's taking shape.......thought I'd share some of the photos. Here's what we've done:
  • Corbin close heated custom molded seat with red double stitch in flame pattern.
  • Python slip on exhausts
  • HD Painted inner fairing.
  • Fat Bagger Painted mirrors
  • HD Painted air cleaner cover (not in the photos)
  • HD Painted leg fairings
  • HD Painted saddlebag spoilers w/run, brake, turn incorporated.
  • HD chrome front end
  • HD 2009 Ultra Classic wheels
  • HD rear crash bar
  • HD 3 pocket windshield pouch and water bottle pouch
  • HD 4 pt. docking hardware.
  • HD quick release luggage rack
  • HD adjustable fairing wing vent.
  • Windvest dark tint curved lip windshield
  • Garmin 2730 Street Pilot w/XM and satellite weather and traffic
  • Kuryakn curved license plate frame.
  • Tunetrapper hidden antenna
About to get the Arlen Ness Big Sucker, a tuner, handlebars and a few more things.......but it's just about done! LOL

There are a lot of photos on page one of this thread but I continue to do little detail things. Here's a photo that shows the new painted air cleaner....

I've also added the red LED lights up under the gas tank, inside the leg fairing, etc. but don't have photos of that, yet.

Attached Thumbnails 09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-birthday-gtg-053.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009 | 07:58 PM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

Never done.........

Now she wants the Hog Pod by Hog Tunes.

By the way, she put over 12,000 miles on this bike in six months. Are you guys ridin or dreamin?

Old 12-19-2009 | 09:07 AM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

More mods to her Street Glide.

Put the Dakota Digital gauges in.

Also put the 2010 Scremin Eagle Street Glide mufflers with the 1.75 Fullsac baffles and had the cat removed.

And bought a 2010 SE Street Glide rear fender and facia and sent that off to the painter and had that installed.

The 2010 Screamin Eagle Street Glide streatched saddle bags (ordered in Red Hot Sunglo) are on order.

Like the title says "nearly" done.

Attached Thumbnails 09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-midtown-and-terrie-s-modsimg_0022.jpg   09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-midtown-and-terrie-s-modsimg_0023.jpg   09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-midtown-and-terrie-s-modsimg_0025.jpg   09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-midtown-and-terrie-s-modsimg_0026.jpg   09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-midtown-and-terrie-s-modsimg_0030.jpg  

Old 12-19-2009 | 09:12 AM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

And the dyno sheet.

Metal Dragon in Hayward, Calif. does all the work for me. My goal for her wasn't peak numbers.....it was useable power.

Primary purpose was to get the motor to run as cool as possible, second was reliability for long distance riding and third was torque. I think we got what I asked for. I was surprised the front wheel came off the ground between first and second. Not a lot but definately enough to notice the huge increase in torque.

Attached Thumbnails 09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......-terriez-dynoimg_0002_1.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009 | 10:02 AM
Maggie
Advanced
Default Fabulous!!

What a great thread! I have just read the descriptions and enjoyed the pictures so much! You Californians sure know how to make a bike beautiful!! I had an 07 SG that I just began to make the mods that you have done and gave up for an 09 Ultra! I have just begun to make it mine and have a long ways to go. My husband is great at helping me with the add ons, but no way does he put into it what you all have done!!!!! WOW! I am impressed! Great job and it looks like you are "almost" done........
Merry Christmas! Maggie

Old 12-20-2009 | 05:36 PM
Open Road
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Maggie
What a great thread! I have just read the descriptions and enjoyed the pictures so much! You Californians sure know how to make a bike beautiful!! I had an 07 SG that I just began to make the mods that you have done and gave up for an 09 Ultra! I have just begun to make it mine and have a long ways to go. My husband is great at helping me with the add ons, but no way does he put into it what you all have done!!!!! WOW! I am impressed! Great job and it looks like you are "almost" done........
Merry Christmas! Maggie
Thank you Maggie.

Ya know, I ride a 2010 CVO but her bike always gets all the attention.

Quick Reply: 09 Street Glide modifications nearly done......