Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me about your stretched bags

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:32 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by awmllc2000
Baddad sells the same extended bags. Thats what im going with. Excellent products and close to home. Noone on this forum has had anything other than great things to say about them.

That’s cool man, they didn't have the one piece bags when I got mine only extensions and I wasn't trying to imply any negativity about Baddad at all, just passing my experience with the Milwaukee bagger bags Good luck with your project.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the baddad fender this winter what are you guys tying the lower fender to what kind of bracket did you use I had to make a couple of different ones so the fender wouldn't bounce around when cold idling got it tied down good now though take the time to get the holes in your old fender closed up

Attached Thumbnails Tell me about your stretched bags-motorcycles-002.jpg   Tell me about your stretched bags-motorcycles-004.jpg   Tell me about your stretched bags-buletts-007.jpg   Tell me about your stretched bags-motorcycles-006.jpg  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 AM
awmllc2000
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadX
That’s cool man, they didn't have the one piece bags when I got mine only extensions and I wasn't trying to imply any negativity about Baddad at all, just passing my experience with the Milwaukee bagger bags Good luck with your project.
I didnt take it as negativity. Thats what this forum is all about. Thanks man.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:42 AM
adam_kurtz
Cruiser

for a bottom bracket i drilled and counter sunk 2 holes in the factory fender and used a flat piece of aluminum to extend down to where the plate goes on the new fender,then drilled and countersunk 2 holes there.bolts right up.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 AM
adam_kurtz
Cruiser

awmllc2000 would extensions from an auto store work?if your pipe is 2 1/4-2 1/2 pepboys,advanced auto,ect sells lots of different syles could be something to look at.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
adam_kurtz
Cruiser

bobzilla love your sled,the baddad stuff came out great!!!is that tank shrouds from them?thats all i have to finish this weekend then time for paint !!

Old 02-28-2009, 09:57 AM
monte64
Cruiser

I'm one that has the smooth back end. Went with the Samson turned down pipes, they were 29in long and fit under the bags nice. I have the stock header pipes, so with yours they may be a little different.

Sand, dirt and gravel are no problem with mine when it comes to kicking anything up. What you will notice is that your pipes will become alot louder with the turn downs. the sound will now bounce off the pavement and right back up. Really noticeable when in traffic and cars are right next to you.

Don't really care for the sharp tone of the Samson's, had Supertrapp SE's before and loved the deep tone. They wouldn't fit with their turned down end caps, end caps were to long. Thought about going without end caps but figured the hot exhaust would damage the fiberglass and paint. I have a picture in my profile of the back end.

The hardest problem on the install with the bags and fender is getting the gap between the two to match up on both sides. Just use a little TLC to tweak all the support brackets for the fender and bags.

Good Luck, you'll love the look. Also, watch out for curbs and driveways that dip along the street, don't ask me how I know.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 AM
monte64
Cruiser

I just remembered, Klockworks has both long and short turn downs, they look nice, but why out of my price range for slip-ons with no removable baffle.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:07 AM
awmllc2000
Road Captain

Originally Posted by monte64
I'm one that has the smooth back end. Went with the Samson turned down pipes, they were 29in long and fit under the bags nice. I have the stock header pipes, so with yours they may be a little different.

Sand, dirt and gravel are no problem with mine when it comes to kicking anything up. What you will notice is that your pipes will become alot louder with the turn downs. the sound will now bounce off the pavement and right back up. Really noticeable when in traffic and cars are right next to you.

Don't really care for the sharp tone of the Samson's, had Supertrapp SE's before and loved the deep tone. They wouldn't fit with their turned down end caps, end caps were to long. Thought about going without end caps but figured the hot exhaust would damage the fiberglass and paint. I have a picture in my profile of the back end.

The hardest problem on the install with the bags and fender is getting the gap between the two to match up on both sides. Just use a little TLC to tweak all the support brackets for the fender and bags.

Good Luck, you'll love the look. Also, watch out for curbs and driveways that dip along the street, don't ask me how I know.
Looks great man.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 AM
awmllc2000
Road Captain

Originally Posted by adam_kurtz
awmllc2000 would extensions from an auto store work?if your pipe is 2 1/4-2 1/2 pepboys,advanced auto,ect sells lots of different syles could be something to look at.
Was thinking the same thing.

Quick Reply: Tell me about your stretched bags