Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reinhart slipons

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reinhart slipons

I hate to post another slip-on question, but I am close to purchasing a new ultra and want the dealer to add new mufflers. My question is: does anyone know how the Reinhart slipons with the black tips sound in comparison to Rush 1.75" mufflers. That is are they louder, deeper and can you hear the radio while cruising. I know some one is going to say "go listen to somebody's bike", but there are not many bikes riding in the Pittsburgh Area right now.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't compare them to the Rush but I have no problems hearing my radio at 80mph with mine. They're only as loud as your right hand makes them.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 PM
TMART
Road Master

+1 what MEGA said.They sound great cruising and will talk to ya when you twist the throttle.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM
happycampinman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have em on my Ultra. love the sound, at highway speeds nice and mellow. can hear the radio just fine. In the garage at work I can get the auto alarms to sing to me all the way up to the roof. Its fun having loud pipes.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Mark3101
6th Gear

I like mine. Put them on my '08 Ultra middle of last summer as I did not like the looks of the factory mufflers. They look great, sound nice and are not too loud. Even my wife doesn't mind them. We always wear helmets with headsets and she did not have to raise the volume at all.

They will bark if you get on it, but not as bad as many others I have heard.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:35 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

I have them on mine and they are quiet at cruising speeds 70+. Better than the V&H longshots that came on my bike and way way way better than the POS screamin beagle set I tried for around 50 miles!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
jeepmanjeff
Advanced

Got them on mine with the "BEEK" tips. I love them! I had tru dual lonshots on my RG and they were great too!.

Low rumble at 0 to 40 normal accel. Quick accel sound loud and low. At 55+ crusing it is music to your ears. If you need to get another "DUMB" 4 wheelers attention rap on the throttle and they come to life!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chula
I hate to post another slip-on question, but I am close to purchasing a new ultra and want the dealer to add new mufflers. My question is: does anyone know how the Reinhart slipons with the black tips sound in comparison to Rush 1.75" mufflers. That is are they louder, deeper and can you hear the radio while cruising. I know some one is going to say "go listen to somebody's bike", but there are not many bikes riding in the Pittsburgh Area right now.
I had the Rinehart True Duals and personally thought they were too lound, raspy and obnoxious. Other people that rode behind me said the same. Even tried Rinehart quiet baffles but they are not much quieter. Anyway, I kept the Rinehart TD headpipes and switched to the Rush 1.75 mufflers. I love-em, Still PLENTY loud but a deeper tone without the raspy bark.

The other benefit of RUSH is that there are 5 different baffle choices to suit your sound preference or to be able to do an easy swap if you're planning to travel through any Noise **** towns or states. Rush baffles are about $70 a pair. You might also consider the Fuel Moto Jackpots before you jump off the exhaust bridge.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the responses!

Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 PM
garys_ultra
1st Gear

I have a set on my 09 ultra and love them plenty loud when needed but not overly loud rolling down the road can still hear the radio clearley at 80 mph

Quick Reply: reinhart slipons