Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tri Bar Run Break Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The "-07A" part number is valid and for the SG LED per Dawg.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
ponesma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
The "-07A" part number is valid and for the SG LED per Dawg.
Interesting, I will ask my dealer if he can order one and let you guys know. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before you do that you might want to consider the plug and play that converts your turn signals to running/brake lights, much more effective.

FYI, after plugging in the module for the turn signal conversion the tri-bar no longer works as either a running light or brake light so apparently you can’t have both. Again, the turn signal to running/brake light conversion gives you much more visibility.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

FWIW, Kuryakyn and others make a module to convert turn signals to brake/run lights that also flash when you apply the brakes. I don't think the HD module will flash, at the least the ones on my sportster and roadglide do not flash. I will be adding the Kuryakyn to my roadglide soon. It is plug and play, no wire splicing needed.

sporty06

Old 02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SA315B
Before you do that you might want to consider the plug and play that converts your turn signals to running/brake lights, much more effective.

FYI, after plugging in the module for the turn signal conversion the tri-bar no longer works as either a running light or brake light so apparently you can’t have both. Again, the turn signal to running/brake light conversion gives you much more visibility.
I am confused, are you saying if you use the Harley run/break light conversion for the rear turn signals the tri-bar will not work. No disrespect, but that is not the case because I have that setup right now. My tail light, turnsignals, and my saddlebag lid spoilers all act as running and break lights. The tri-bar is only a running light, that is why I want the new style tri-bar so they will all be run/break lights.

Attached Thumbnails Tri Bar Run Break Light-img_1359.jpg  
Old 02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SA315B

BA, if your's doesn't, it's not installed correctly. I've had the SG facia LED on my bike for almost 3 years along with the HD run/brake turn signal module, and wired my saddlebag lid spoilers to the module so they would function as turn signals in addition to run/brake, and everything (SG LED, turn signals, and saddlebag spoiler LED's) worked fine.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:19 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

BA, if your's doesn't, it's not installed correctly. I've had the SG facia LED on my bike for almost 3 years along with the HD run/brake turn signal module, and wired my saddlebag lid spoilers to the module so they would function as turn signals in addition to run/brake, and everything (SG LED, turn signals, and saddlebag spoiler LED's) worked fine.
I ordered the -07A today so as soon as I get it I will let you guys know if I see any differance.

Pingman you have your lid spoilers working as turn signals also? Mine are only running/break. I connected it like the directions said. Any info on how I can make mine work as tunr signals?

Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ponesma
I ordered the -07A today so as soon as I get it I will let you guys know if I see any differance.

Pingman you have your lid spoilers working as turn signals also? Mine are only running/break. I connected it like the directions said. Any info on how I can make mine work as tunr signals?
Mike, it's very simple with the HD module. Cut-off/remove the connector supplied that plugs into the Accessory connector and separate the circuits for the left and right saddlebag LED's. You can leave the wire length alone, or, as I did, trim it to what you need to run them to the turn signal module.

Splice a black ground wire from each LED harness to a black wire at the module. Take one of the remaining wires (doesn't matter which one) from the left saddlebag LED and splice it to the violet wire aft of the module, and repeat for the right saddlebag LED only splice one of the remaining two wires to the brown wire. For a neater installation you can pull the violet and brown wires, cut-off the connectors, and reinstall the wires using new connectors with two wires in each.

What this does is send the same current to the saddlebag LED's from the module that is being sent to the turn signals by the module for run/brake/turn signal functions. Take a paint pen or otherwise mark the connectors so you'll know which is right/left so you can re-connect them when you have the bags off the bike and put them back on.

Last edited by Harleypingman; 02-27-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

AWESOME thanks, I figured there would be a way to do it. I will give this a shot once it warms up a bit here in Chicago. LOL

So I went to the dealer to pay for the -07A light and when they checked online to make sure it was not on backorder they said the A part was discontinued and replaced by the -07 again (which they had in stock). He checked the 08 catalog and it had the A part number but he 09 one was back to -07. So I guess I really dont have an answer for it, but I have the -07 now. So once again if someone wants the stock one I will send it to them.

Thanks,

Old 02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since both are plug and play I’m not sure how they could have been improperly installed. It is possible that the tri-bar failed as I was plugging in the turn signal module and I will have HD check it out when I go in for the 30,000 mile service in a couple of weeks.

My main point here is I don't think the tri-bar brake feature adds much especially when compared with turning the turn signals into brake/running lights.

Quick Reply: Tri Bar Run Break Light