Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpots or Monster Ovals

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
The Dyno-Tuned Jackpots will undoubtedly perform better, are much cheaper, and should be quieter. That's the objective side. Subjectively, only you can decide what sounds and looks right for you. I personally don't like the size of the MO's and to me appear oversized and ungainly, but that's my preference. Certainly in a functional bang-for-the-buck competition the Jackpots win hands down, and only you can decide which muffler has the right look and the right sound.
Obviously a Dyno run is the best way to support the performance claim. In the Latus HD Harley forum, which does cost to post on but has excellent info, Mike has been real impressed with the performance of the Monster Ovals. You can check out the sections for free and see what he says in the exhaust threads. Price stopped me from getting the Monster Ovals. If I am going to shell out $600 (roughly the best discounted price), I am more inclined to go with a full system, such as Fat Cats.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on the dyno tuned jackpots...they look good too !!
no blueing or yellowing yet

Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ga4boats
Obviously a Dyno run is the best way to support the performance claim. In the Latus HD Harley forum, which does cost to post on but has excellent info, Mike has been real impressed with the performance of the Monster Ovals.
I never said the MO's didn't perform well, but I wonder if Mike has tested the Jackpots, as most dealers have never heard of them. After all, they are fairly new and have been on the market only six or eight months--and Jamie has done minimal if any advertising on them. The Dyno-Tuned Jackpots with the proper tune out-perform any other slip-on I've seen, and Fuel Moto guarantees they will do so. Keep in mind that Fuel Moto sells most brands of mufflers, EFI controllers, etc. and has dyno-tuned bikes equipped with all of them. The Jackpots are Jamie's creation from start to finish, and he has meticulously dyno-tuned them himself.

Go to the FM site and check out the dyno runs. If you find a slip-on that performs better, all other factors being equal, let me know. I'm not being pompous, as there may be a better muffler out there--and if there is one I'd like to be aware of it. In reality, proof of superiority would only come with mufflers compared on the same bike, same dyno, and under the same conditions--which is an unlikely scenario. Thus, comparing mufflers accurately may be otherwise impossible. OTOH, Jamie may have this proof in the dyno runs he's done.

Last edited by iclick; 02-28-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default monster ovals

I also looked at the MOs, granted they are as sharp as they come and I have spent alot of money on bikes but these are a little bit RICH for my blood right now, maybe they will come down when the newness wears off ! ! ! ! "I HOPE"

Old 02-27-2009, 01:04 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt that Mike has tested the Jackpots, but he does like the Rush 2" baffle slip-ons, so he probably would like the Jackpots. I have seen the Dyno charts that Jamie has and they are good.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seener84
theres a really good video on youtube, a guy did an 8 minute ride along with the monster ovals on a 09 SG. check it out, helpful, but Im still not 100% on them. 100 bucks cheaper and that would be the route Id take.
Thanks, I just listened to the video. They aren't any where as near as loud as I expected. Funny, in first gear you hear the gear whine from the tranny over the pipes. Didn't expect that. I may have to look at the Jackpot package from FM.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Jackpots, the Monster Ovals look like take-offs from a GoldWing.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Kielbaso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the Jackpots. I love mine and you can't beat the service and data that backs up the FM package.

Jamie and crew have done all the work and collected all the data that proves the performance. Sound, I personally really like them. I can hear the radio no problem at 2500-3000. Nice sound pulling away from a light, rumble when twisting the wrist. Mellow in the cruise range.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Jackpots. Just look at the price! And compare the service!

Fuelmoto DOES have great customer care.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One more recommendation for the V&H Monster Ovals here. Best deep sounding exhaust I've heard without being obnoxiously loud. V&H quality is second to none in my book.

Quick Reply: Jackpots or Monster Ovals